First time checking/changing cabin filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: marine65
I buy the cheapest ones from Rock auto,about $5.00 each and change them every June.

We have no Rock Auto's up here but I may check with my buddy who works at CarQuest to see what they have and how much they are?
The replacement Fram Fresh Breeze for my wife's 2017 Impala was $29.00 dollars!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: irv
I changed my wife's out on her 2017 Chevy Impala last week-end. Last November, when we purchased the car, I checked the engine air filter and since it was clean/new looking, I assumed the CAF likely was as well.

I learned last weekend, this isn't necessarily the case. Although it is not overly bad, I think it was due for a change. The car has 24,000 kms on it.
I think now it will be changed once a year or less but I won't know for sure until I gather some info on it by checking it every few months.

These are A/C filters built for a house. And I recently found out they don't actually do jack [censored] for the air.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nike360baller
Originally Posted By: irv
I changed my wife's out on her 2017 Chevy Impala last week-end. Last November, when we purchased the car, I checked the engine air filter and since it was clean/new looking, I assumed the CAF likely was as well.

I learned last weekend, this isn't necessarily the case. Although it is not overly bad, I think it was due for a change. The car has 24,000 kms on it.
I think now it will be changed once a year or less but I won't know for sure until I gather some info on it by checking it every few months.

These are A/C filters built for a house. And I recently found out they don't actually do jack [censored] for the air.

The ones Marine65 is talking about? I'll either get specific ones from my bud at CQ or continue to purchase them from CDN Tire? Come to think of it and the price they sell for, I should check out a GM dealership as I get the GM discount through my wife.

Originally Posted By: nike360baller

Well, they filter the air coming in from the outside, that's already better then no air filter.

I personally like the charcoal filled air filters. They have more power to actually clean the air of odors, etc. My health is worth the $20 per filter.

The keep leaves and stuff out of the blower motor and keep the interior of the car from collecting so much dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back