First Class or Coach flyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fly Southwest any chance we can get. Too much good history with them (we won a Halloween content a few years ago and flew us to their HQ for their parties, which was INSANE! Entire place turns into walk thru haunted houses, skits with lighting/choreography, etc… It’s crazy!). But also, they always have taken care of us well when we had issues.

One time, a gate wasn’t available when we landed. The AC wasn’t exactly working well on the ground and a child behind us decided to poo, resulting in an awkwardly warm, humid smell that was quite nasty for about 30-40mins until a gate opened (weather). Anyway, when we got off the flight I had stopped by the counter and just told them about the lack of AC and what went down, nicely of course, and they gave us both $150 vouchers and apologized for everything.

Second time, flying back home from San Francisco we had an early morning flight. Well, due to fog or whatever else the plane was delayed 30mins which means our connection wherever it was, was extremely close. I asked the ramp agent if we would make it and they said no, so long story short, we ended up booking thru Phoenix and staying overnight there so we had a flight in the AM the next day home – Which was fine, as it was a good way to see that area and it was beautiful! Had a great night… Our hotel got comped because it was overbooked by Hilton, so that was free and the rental car was like $35 or something. But the kicker is, it seems everybody else who was connecting to Cleveland made their original flight no problem. So we were the only two told we wouldn’t make the connection and had to hang out elsewhere. So when home, wrote a nice email to Southwest explaining what happened… Again, two $150 vouchers for our issues and reimbursement for the early bird checkin on both our new flight we had booked and the original.

Also, given my height (6’6”) they have the most legroom out of any other domestic carrier I have flown on. I just do early bird check-in for the extra $15 each way and I always either get the very front row with tons of legroom or exit row generally. Even if not though, again, they have more legroom than most others so it’s never bad (and the flights never that long).

Flying United, Delta and a few other airlines, I find the “cattle boarding” far more easier with SWA than everybody crowding around the gates at boarding even though you already have an assigned seat. As long as you check in your flight early (or do early bird), you will always have whatever seat you want basically on Southwest… I find no cons with that style at all and hope it never goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back