Fender bender...headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insurance companies don't care. I fought and fought when I got rear ended in my 15' Sonata in 17'. Even State Farm, a top notch insurance company, wouldn't pay for new OEM parts. Luckily the body shop said there was only one rear bumper in the state that was used and it was overpriced.

What are our can do is talk with your body shop, they can find used wheels and you can pay the difference. If the insurance gives them $200 for a wheel and the wheel you want is $300, you can give the body shop $100 and you'll be fine.

So go to a wrecking yard and find one.

Or on co-part or similar.

It will be $100-200, probably look as good as the three you have.

Before getting all wound up, let them do their job. If you are working with a quality body shop, give them a chance to do their job and make things right.

Chances are, they are going to source a wheel that came from a real Honda and is comparable to the other three.

But getting all worked up before work has begun just isn't worth it. Seems like you are looking for trouble that hasn't yet arrived.

Originally Posted by gregk24
Originally Posted by maxdustington
OEM parts on a seven year old Honda Accord? Get real, bud.

A couple things. I don't care if its a 27 year old Honda Accord, if it had OEM wheels on it during the wreck then that is what the insurance company should put back on it! Also, I pride myself in maintaining my vehicles and keeping them looking and driving as new as possible.

Originally Posted by dishdude
They're not going to give him a wheel that doesn't match! I doubt there are any aftermarket companies that manufacture a matching aftermarket wheel. A reman is the most likely and the chance of that being available are slim so he'll probably end up with new OEM anyway.

This. ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back