FedEx failure

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I have had great service from FedEx using expedited services. Ground not so much.

Monday I had a overnight high value parcel I was required to sign for. I get a text saying delivered with a picture of a deck I don't know...lol

I walk outside and nothing. I call them immediately and they say they will contact me.

They never did.
Yesterday I get a lady from several miles down the road knock on my door and she says they left this at our place and I'm sure you need it. I just found it now...

I thanked her and she saved the day. I have not heard from FedEx and the sender hasn't either.

Stuff happens but if they tried to get the signature this would have resolved itself.

I recently replaced the headunit in my Highlander, and a similar thing happened. The "delivered" picture was just them holding it over light colored asphalt. My neighborhood was recently repaved and still pretty dark/black. I raised hell until it showed up 7 hours later. At my shop, FedEx seems to like trying to deliver at like 7pm. I close at 5...I hate FedEx. UPS gets here usually around 11am and I prefer it.

I recently replaced the headunit in my Highlander, and a similar thing happened. The "delivered" picture was just them holding it over light colored asphalt. My neighborhood was recently repaved and still pretty dark/black. I raised hell until it showed up 7 hours later. At my shop, FedEx seems to like trying to deliver at like 7pm. I close at 5...I hate FedEx. UPS gets here usually around 11am and I prefer it.
I play that game here too. It does get old. UPS is killing it on my exports. Instant service even though I drop it in a drop box. Expensive but if they pay I prefer it as I don't get weeks of where is it

I play that game here too. It does get old. UPS is killing it on my exports. Instant service even though I drop it in a drop box. Expensive but if they pay I prefer it as I don't get weeks of where is it

I always had a lot of trouble with UPS. They accounted for 90% of my damaged packages and the scary part was they were only 10% of my shipping. :eek: I only used them when there was no other choice.

Their tracking was/is stellar, however. I never tried them for international due to cost.

I’m currently on hold with UPS in Canada. They lost a package from Home Depot and I’m currently filing a claim. All was going well but when I tried to log in with my user name and password it puts a exclamation point after my user name and ruins my log in effort. They answered the phone and the nice lady put me on to the technical department. I’m currently listening to some rather good jazz on the phone. :cool: 8 more minutes. The jazz is on an endless track with just a bit of a skip when it starts again.

Update: All done. The guy said the exclamation point was just part of their greeting. He had me reset my password and all is well.

Last edited:
On that Michelin Crossclimate 2 tire—-FedEx Home Delivery. Said I requested a future date (supposed to come on a Saturday) 😂

Since the vendor United Tire is linked, they send an email we see you requested a different date for delivery, and that’s ok! 😆

I was home expecting the tire. At any rate FedEx ground drivers are not making $177k like their counterparts in the brown uniforms. So maybe they won’t perform like their counterparts either

IMG_1721.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

Nah, FedEx has lost their way. Very unreliable.
I'd ask them where it is/who signed for it and let them foot the bill for whatever the item was.

OP eventually received the packaged (albeit a hassle...). Having them pay for it after would be unethical at best.

OP eventually received the packaged (albeit a hassle...). Having them pay for it after would be unethical at best.
Ehh maybe, but did they fulfil their contract for service? Should strangers be re-delivering parcels? Will they refund shipping costs without hassle?

Ehh maybe, but did they fulfil their contract for service? Should strangers be re-delivering parcels? Will they refund shipping costs without hassle?
I never file for refunds but if you think about it I'm sure some would say refund the signature cost at a minimum. People get bent over this type of service.

The shipping costs? Sure, I agree and that seems reasonable, even if it's a partial refund. I thought you were saying have Fedex pay for the item - like a missing package report. That is what I would disagree with.

It's not his concern, most likely. The shipper probably paid Fedex and it's up to them to pursue a refund or the shipper could just refund it and possibly eat it. I think at this point Fedex will initially argue it was "delivered" and the OP has the package, so they'll ask "what's the issue?".

Monday I had a overnight high value parcel I was required to sign for.
"Signature required" isn't an absolute thing with Fedex, UPS, etc. Their drivers have the discretion or authority to override this. "High value" though is a different matter and I've never had anything left without a signature if it was. Was it properly classified as "high value" or is it just valuable / important to you ?

Maybe we are having a mass exodus to UPS???
If a driver is Fedex Ground, they're better off not putting that on their resume or application if they want to get hired at UPS. I know a couple Fedex Express drivers who have tried to get hired at UPS with no luck.

It's not his concern, most likely. The shipper probably paid Fedex and it's up to them to pursue a refund or the shipper could just refund it and possibly eat it. I think at this point Fedex will initially argue it was "delivered" and the OP has the package, so they'll ask "what's the issue?".

"Signature required" isn't an absolute thing with Fedex, UPS, etc. Their drivers have the discretion or authority to override this. "High value" though is a different matter and I've never had anything left without a signature if it was. Was it properly classified as "high value" or is it just valuable / important to you ?

If a driver is Fedex Ground, they're better off not putting that on their resume or application if they want to get hired at UPS. I know a couple Fedex Express drivers who have tried to get hired at UPS with no luck.
Was insured for $5K

I’m currently on hold with UPS in Canada. They lost a package from Home Depot and I’m currently filing a claim. All was going well but when I tried to log in with my user name and password it puts a exclamation point after my user name and ruins my log in effort. They answered the phone and the nice lady put me on to the technical department. I’m currently listening to some rather good jazz on the phone. :cool: 8 more minutes. The jazz is on an endless track with just a bit of a skip when it starts again.

Update: All done. The guy said the exclamation point was just part of their greeting. He had me reset my password and all is well.
I take it back. Its a mess. Their website is not very cooperative. I get conflicting info from it and cannot submit the paperwork. Oh well. I send an Email and see if anyone gets back. Ciao.

I take it back. Its a mess. Their website is not very cooperative. I get conflicting info from it and cannot submit the paperwork. Oh well. I send an Email and see if anyone gets back. Ciao.
From work, no one has successfully filed a claim with UPS. Really.

We ship tens of thousands of dollars of stuff UPS daily no insurance (it doesn’t work and escalates the costs). Honestly. I’ve never had anything totally lost. But many things no record of pickup (driver does not scan in the bldg). One time 10 tablets came back 2 mos later and exterior carton all damaged and had FedEx labels—somehow they had it…

We ship tens of thousands of dollars of stuff UPS daily no insurance (it doesn’t work and escalates the costs).
That's actually a negotiating tactic their sales reps will use, often unbeknownst to the folks who actually use the service. They will offer super rates and in return, you limit all claims to XXX dollars. At my old job, a co-worker had a development part produced and at a very high cost (since it was still in development, it was a one-off and hand-machined, etc, etc). The machining cost was 5-figures alone. It was shipped with Fedex Express "overnight" (of course) and the shipping was less than $100 (it was fairly heavy) and was lost. Co-worker tried and tried to get them to locate it before filing a claim but eventually gave up, filled out the paperwork, provided invoices from the machine shop showing the cost to machine it, etc, etc and submitted it. Within 1-2 weeks, no questions asked, he rec'd a check for $100. That was the maximum allowed with our contract.

Someone at corporate got to brag about the "cost-savings" they negotiated with Fedex (no doubt dozens or hundreds of Fedex letters were processed daily) but it never occurred to them that actual widgets - you know, the stuff that makes the company $$$ - also get shipped. Lose a letter with a check or a contract, just re-send it....

I have had great service from FedEx using expedited services. Ground not so much.

Monday I had a overnight high value parcel I was required to sign for. I get a text saying delivered with a picture of a deck I don't know...lol

I walk outside and nothing. I call them immediately and they say they will contact me.

They never did.
Yesterday I get a lady from several miles down the road knock on my door and she says they left this at our place and I'm sure you need it. I just found it now...

I thanked her and she saved the day. I have not heard from FedEx and the sender hasn't either.

Stuff happens but if they tried to get the signature this would have resolved itself.
I had the exact same situation happen.

Fortunately, we recognized the deck as being our immediate neighbors so I went and knocked on their door.

FedEx still considers it "lost"

Back