Favorite gun, owned or want to own

The owners are supposed to register them with Illinois state police which would probably show the sale/transfer but without them knowing that, I suppose it goes down to if the FFL dealer.
So submission by you is required. Pretty dumb. Getting of topic though.

Reactions: Pew
1711914575663.jpeg

I have had some trigger time behind one of these. For all its faults, a sweet gun to shoot. Highly controllable.

RPD 762x39

The next one I will end up buying will most likely be a bolt action 22lr. Either Ruger or Winchester.

I also want 6" 357 stainless revolver either Ruger Smith or colt or a 10mm of some sort. Also eyeing the Smith 350.

For the kids I want to get the a Savage 42 or 24. I would also like some other variants of the 24 other than the 22 over 410.

The next one I will end up buying will most likely be a bolt action 22lr. Either Ruger or Winchester.
I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and it's one of the most fun rifles I have. I put a fairly large scope on it (inexpensive Centerpoint 4-16x40) and it's very accurate. It's even more fun with a suppressor and sub sonic rounds- very quiet.

Since the title is rifles and these are termed recoilless rifles on a vehicle that might count for antique plates, I'd like one of these too :D

1712065114880.jpg

Going a little to the extreme here but I'd love a Mauser MG42 or a Ma Deuce.

I was in a Weapons company (if you can't truck it, * it) and the 50s were always fun. They would shake the vics back and forth kind of like how a commuter train ride is. The mk19s on the other hand can go away, they always jammed and constantly required massive gobs of LSA when it was near/below freezing.

Last edited:
Since the title is rifles and these are termed recoilless rifles on a vehicle that might count for antique plates, I'd like one of these too :D

View attachment 211796

I was in a Weapons company (if you can't truck it, * it) and the 50s were always fun. They would shake the vics back and forth kind of like how a commuter train ride is. The mk19s on the other hand can go away, they always jammed and constantly required massive gobs of LSA when it was near/below freezing.
I agree with MK19, not reliable, and it aint WW1 again, not yet anyway.

Reactions: Pew
I agree with MK19, not reliable, and it aint WW1 again, not yet anyway.
That would have been a great weapon in WW1 for sure, point being, whole battalions no longer charge the hill.......for now

Yet when I say, "I prefer a Springfield over a Mauser", everyone understands I'm talking about a 1903.
Not necessarily. Original 1903 rifles were made by Springfield and Rock Island. The 03A3 is just as much of a Springfield rifle as the original 03 . . . just as the F.N. built M98 rifles were just as much Mausers as those built at Oberndorf.
:)

Not necessarily. Original 1903 rifles were made by Springfield and Rock Island. The 03A3 is just as much of a Springfield rifle as the original 03 . . . just as the F.N. built M98 rifles were just as much Mausers as those built at Oberndorf.
:)
My point is they are all colloquially known as "Springfields" regardless of the manufacturer. Is an Argentinian built Mauser not considered a Mauser? Is Thompson not a Thompson if it was built by Savage during WWII instead of Auto-Ordinance? A 1903 of any variant or manufacturer is a Springfield.

Can’t speak to the wet for the photo shoot but cocked and locked is the 1911 safe position 1
I did not know that. I have never been around a pistol with a hammer just revolvers and long guns.

I have been around school kids trap shooting for the last several weeks so I get nervous when something doesn't look safe.

Back