Factory Filled 12,034 mi UOA. 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid with 15,000 mi on it

Yes, you missed the info. The answer to your question is well explained in post #2 of this thread.

At 6,000 miles on my car, I washed my car and decided to check on all fluids in my car and top them. When I checked my oil level on my dipstick, it was just above halfway. So, my guess is they may not have filled it up all the way from factory. So, I decided I want my oil to show full on the dipstick. I had a brand new 1 quart bottle of M1 AP 5W20 laying at home.

So, I poured half a quart of the M1 AP 5W20 in the car. I checked the dipstick. It was slightly above the maximum line. So, that is how I left it until 12,034 miles on odometer when I sent the oil sample to Blackstone.

I told Blackstone that I added half quart of M1 AP 5W20 at 6,000 miles.

I made sure to provide this detail here so people are not confused thinking this oil run was on M1 5W20 AP.

I hope this clarifies things to you now.

My car takes 0W20. But what I added was M1 AP 5W20.

I currently have M1 0W20 Extended Performance and Fram XG filter, both rated for 20,000 miles in the car. But I am planning to do another oil change at 12,000 miles again and I will send another sample to Blackstone to see what they say.
Right on,thank you!👍. All that moly must be from Honda’s factory fill.

Well, I don't see any oxidative thickeneing, but I do see a very low KV100.

I changed the FF oil in my D.I. 2L FORD with 2K miles and 4.5 months. It was toast. The oil was never that great, the engine runs much better and quieter with the oil and "wrong" spec filter I put in and on.
Now, My VW had great oil as FF and I would have left it if it wasn't so thin.

I see Honda's limping around with blocked VTEC and VVT feed screens due to flotsam in the oil.

and then Master Mech fixing them up in YT video. Would more frequent OCI fix that?
IDK.

Just to be clear, I trust the MM. I believe Honda knows more about their engines than anyone else irregardless of stories like "my brother's friend's cousin is a Honda tech and he says...". If the MM comes on at 5k, 8k, 12k, change it when it says to.
Yeah, just tell that to those V6 owners with VCM who trashed their engines running dino 5w20 to the MM. There have been multiple threads on this forum about it.

OP: good report considering the mileage and the fact that it's factory fill.

Man, that's an incredible UOA. What's your MPG?
Quick answer; my current MPG is 63.8mpg while my normal MPG is always above 52mpg.

I like to hypermile and it is easy for me to get above 50mpg on a tank of gas, as long as I am doing mostly city driving. Even including me going to work where my round trip is 40 miles with 20 miles round trip being on the freeway for 10 miles each way where the speed limit is 60mph. And I stay between 55mph and 60mph when on the freeway.

That is how I easily get over 620 miles to a tank from my small 12 gallon tank.

On this current tank of gas, I have been hypermiling a bit more and I am getting 63.8mpg so far and have gotten 456.1 miles so far.

At the current rate of me getting 63.8mpg, I estimate that I will get over 750 miles to this current tank of gas from my small 12 gallon tank. That is some great mpg, if you ask me.

Here is a picture of my current odometer...
TOEez5G.jpg

yojjlEi.jpg

Last edited:
12k OCI is no big deal, especially on a hybrid. Hell toyota specs 10k for gasonline only engines. I had a Lexus ct200h hybrid in years past with 10k oci. At 10k, the oil looked brand new - nothing like my current kia 2.4 GDI oil after only 3k.

Back