F150 Cam Phasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the wedge trick to change Phasers as well.....But you don't know if the tensioner seals are blown or the state/shape of the guides doing it that way.

And the oil pump upgrade is certainly worth while!

If I found a '08-'10 Crew Cab F150 in good shape for cheap with phaser knock.....I'd buy it! The 6R80 is a very good transmission & the trucks are built very well. Not really so different from the 6.0L Powerstroke trucks.....The late trucks were pretty good & the problems can be fixed!

Sure.....I'd prefer a LSx powered GM truck, But.....They have a cult like following & the prices are down right stupid for clean ones.

My Duramax is almost at EOL with it approaching 450,000 miles, So I'm in the market for a CC truck.....

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've done the wedge trick to change Phasers as well.....But you don't know if the tensioner seals are blown or the state/shape of the guides doing it that way.

And the oil pump upgrade is certainly worth while!

If I found a '08-'10 Crew Cab F150 in good shape for cheap with phaser knock.....I'd buy it! The 6R80 is a very good transmission & the trucks are built very well. Not really so different from the 6.0L Powerstroke trucks.....The late trucks were pretty good & the problems can be fixed!

Sure.....I'd prefer a LSx powered GM truck, But.....They have a cult like following & the prices are down right stupid for clean ones.

My Duramax is almost at EOL with it approaching 450,000 miles, So I'm in the market for a CC truck.....

I could forgive the 5.4's flaws if it had some more positive attributes. They can be reliable and trouble free when maintained, the exhaust note sounds pretty nice, and I like Ford's chassis/body/interior over GM.
But, I find the 5.4 to be underpowered and inefficient, while being physically huge and unnecessarily difficult to work on.
I guess the only choice is to buy a Dodge!

Dodge has their own set of issues with MDS/VVT Hemi lifter failures. To be blunt.....I could pull both heads on a 3V 5.4L in about the same time as pulling both heads & camshaft on a 5.7L Hemi.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Dodge has their own set of issues with MDS/VVT Hemi lifter failures. To be blunt.....I could pull both heads on a 3V 5.4L in about the same time as pulling both heads & camshaft on a 5.7L Hemi.

Yeah, but I was talking about the 4.7 ... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back