F1 wild guess time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill888
Originally Posted By: weasley
I agree that Alonso is good, but not the best. If his development feedback is so good, why did the Ferrari stay stubbornly in the mid-pack? When Schumacher moved to Ferrari they were in a real mess, almost comically bad, and within a season were winning races.

First off, Schumacher just might be the best driver to ever get into an F1 car. That said, we shouldn't forget that the MS glory days at Ferrari included more lax rules for qualifying. From what I've read, Ferrari had specific qualifying engines (and maybe chassis) for qualifying. Also, Bridgestone pretty much designed those tires for one car - the MS Ferrari. And that car was virtually designed (not just set-up) around the driving style of Schumacher.
As for driver images, some seem like nicer guys than others, but at their core they all have to be arrogant, over-confident personality types which is a prerequisite to making it to the F1 level. Going head-to-head with some of the most competitive individuals in the world takes a very high confidence level regardless of image. Ricciardo certainly seems likable enough but that smile isn't what got him to the dance.
JMO
Bill

11.gif

Originally Posted By: whip
Alonso never won in an inferior car. Vettel has.

Once, in the rain. A rare feat but not unheard of. As they say in motorcycle racing, rain is 'the great equalizer'.

I agree with you otherwise.

I like Rosberg a lot but I admit Hamilton is marginally the better driver. I have a feeling we'll see a repeat of last year. Mercedes will dominate again and Hamilton will place higher if not on top.

I'd REALLY like to see a Williams win this year.

I can't stand Vettel but I'm interested in seeing how well he does in the Ferrari. So far pretty good but we'll see.

Kudos to Mclaren for bringing Honda back but I think they are in serious trouble, and Alonso is not the answer to their problems. I'd like Button to have one more good year but it's not looking too good.

McLaren looks terrible. Manor did them a favor by not running, or they may have been last. Button scored 126 points last year. I'd be surprised if they score any at this point. I'm shocked at how bad they are.

Originally Posted By: whip
McLaren looks terrible. Manor did them a favor by not running, or they may have been last. Button scored 126 points last year. I'd be surprised if they score any at this point. I'm shocked at how bad they are.

Boy, i gotta agree. They [McLaren-Honda] look completely lost right now. Mercedes being more than 1 minute faster than the rest of the field is an embarrassment too. For the first 4-5 races, i don't see anyone challenging Hamilton or Rosberg. Now watch Ricciardo pull a rabbit out of his hat. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back