Exide Batteries: Made in China ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: nthach
It makes sense for powersport batteries to be made in China or Taiwan for the lower-end non-AGM stuff, JCI brings them over and some of Yuasa's wet stuff is made in Taiwan. But if this happens for bigger batteries...

Actually it's AGM type that there are a lot of coming from China.

I've seen those at Wal-Mart. Which is why I told a friend to get a Yuasa and it was still American-made. Unless Yuasa Exide is planning to source from China.

Big Crank batteries are made in USA by Eastern Penn Manufacturing. Basically a re-labeled Deka. Should be good.

I'm trying to determine where Motobatt batteries are made. They are good quality as well.

So, to summarize we have:

- Interstate made by Johnson Controls in USA or North America
- Deka/Bigcrank made by Eastern Penn in USA
- Yuasa made in USA (also under Motocross label)
- Certain Lithium motorcycle batteries by Antigravity made in USA
- Odyssey made in USA
-

May as well mention the role of massive container ships like those Maersk operates …

Originally Posted By: Bud
I get a kick out of people fussing about stuff being made in China. Reason why, is because I remember my parents back in the 50's and 60's saying the same thing about the junk coming over here from Japan. Heck, the last furniture I bought was made in Vietnam, and 50 years ago I was in a war with them. Probably some of the same NVA I fought against have their kids making it or running the company. That's life.

Yeah until you're left w/o a job, then I guess it's different then.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: Bud
I get a kick out of people fussing about stuff being made in China. Reason why, is because I remember my parents back in the 50's and 60's saying the same thing about the junk coming over here from Japan. Heck, the last furniture I bought was made in Vietnam, and 50 years ago I was in a war with them. Probably some of the same NVA I fought against have their kids making it or running the company. That's life.

Yeah until you're left w/o a job, then I guess it's different then.
+1! I try to buy Made in USA as possible. It is not always possible these days and if you want a Prosche there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back