Everstart Value ?

Anyone have experience with an Everstart Value Group 75 or is it the same crap shoot like any other battery? It looks like an EastPenn , I am located in Central, NJ if that makes a difference on the mfr. The car will only driven occasionally and battery put on a maintainer a few times a year.

Everstart Value 75

If the serial number next to the barcode starts with "EP", it is an East Penn battery. For $70, buy it! If you look at the specs for the mid-grade Everstart Plus group 75 battery, it will have the same 600 CCA rating and weighs the same. It is exactly the same battery as the Value line, but you are paying $40 more for an additional year of warranty!

Search BITOG for previous posts on batteries, Everstart or East Penn. There are numerous recent threads on this topic.

I've bought a couple of the value Everstarts over the years. They've all worked just fine. The last one was 5 years old when I got rid of the car, never skipped a beat.

The battery in the link above is shows the battery label as " Value Power " and looks different than the Everstart Value, which is not available in my area. Is the one in the link the East Penn and better than the Everstart Value ?

If the serial number next to the barcode starts with "EP", it is an East Penn battery. For $70, buy it! If you look at the specs for the mid-grade Everstart Plus group 75 battery, it will have the same 600 CCA rating and weighs the same. It is exactly the same battery as the Value line, but you are paying $40 more for an additional year of warranty!

Search BITOG for previous posts on batteries, Everstart or East Penn. There are numerous recent threads on this topic.
Unfortunately, I have to buy this online and have it shipped or delivered. Is there any other way to tell what I am getting ? There are no serial number on the pic in the link.

Unfortunately, I have to buy this online and have it shipped or delivered. Is there any other way to tell what I am getting ? There are no serial number on the pic in the link.

I don't think you can ship batteries except for AGMs?

I have a JCI group 24F Everstart Value that has lasted 2 years - still works although its getting a tad week.

There a very good value for the price, if you don't mind replacing every couple years.

I doubt there is a way to know if the online ones are EP or JCI, but If in the store there selling EP than you likely have a decent chance of getting one by order. Either way there both decent - especially for the price.

I don't think you can ship batteries except for AGMs?
A local store might drop it off, which is terrifying to me from an OSHA POV... does the driver have appropriate PPE, training, and insurance? Will it show up in a clapped out Subaru driven by an ADHD ridden contractor with twenty misdemeanors?

Walmart.com (the online branch) does a poor job of showing the batteries available at brick & mortar Wal-Marts. You may have to investigate in person. Conversely, B&M WMs sometimes have higher pricing than online.

I have several big group 65s and one small 26 in WM Value trim. They're great.

The battery in the link above is shows the battery label as " Value Power " and looks different than the Everstart Value, which is not available in my area. Is the one in the link the East Penn and better than the Everstart Value ?
The WalMart website is never up-to-date. WalMart changed the labeling on their Value Power batteries 3 years ago and the current label is Everstart Value (see below).

Discontinued label vs. Current label​
1705335657075.png
1705335769943.png

Also, just like eljefino says, the online inventory is never correct. It shows that all 5 of my local WalMart stores as being out of stock of the Everstart Value group 24F battery, yet I found the racks full of them at 2 stores yesterday. The only way to know is to go to the brick and mortar store and look in person.

Last edited:
There fine values as long as you keep your expectations in check. One year warranty, so if you feel more comfy with a longer warranty then do not get. Also online orders, you can not get a refund when you return the core in store. Search the interwebs about this weird policy.

Personally, at the price, i dont mind being my own warranty as these days retailers like walmart are starting to tighten when you qualify for a replacement.

Anyone have experience with an Everstart Value Group 75 or is it the same crap shoot like any other battery? It looks like an EastPenn , I am located in Central, NJ if that makes a difference on the mfr. The car will only driven occasionally and battery put on a maintainer a few times a year.

Everstart Value 75
If you plan on keeping the car for some time, spend the extra and get the Everstart Maxx.

I have a JCI group 24F Everstart Value that has lasted 2 years - still works although its getting a tad week.

There a very good value for the price, if you don't mind replacing every couple years.

I doubt there is a way to know if the online ones are EP or JCI, but If in the store there selling EP than you likely have a decent chance of getting one by order. Either way there both decent - especially for the price.
I have had amazing luck with both Duralast batteries and Everstart Max ,which were both marked Johnson controls. The Duralast was pulled from daily driver pickup 8 1/2 years old still started motor in winter,but was kind of slow turnover speed.My muscle car has a Everstart Max stamped 4/13 date ,still starts 350 chev.motor driven in summer only.I might replace this summer as voltage I just took Read 12.47 My other vehicle came with an Interstate Batt. at 8 years old I just replaced that one voltage was 12.51 Was still starting OK.

Back