Environmental pkg

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife purchased the environmental protection pkg from the toyota dealer for her new Venza. It included rustproofing and
undercoating and some sort of gloss coating over the finish.
Do we need to wax the car with this new gloss protectant?

Slippery sam

not for the first year. I would wax it after that, tho. Our local dealers use a synthetic polymer coating which is, in essence, a wax. one of them is actually honest enough to give you a spare bottle to reapply later - and I think they also kept the price to around $300 for rustproofing and magic paint sealant. most dealers charge tons more for this service. call it... "profit".

oh, BTW - congrats!!! I saw one of those on the road on Saturday and it looks like an absolutely beautiful car! supposedly the true test of paint protection is indicated by water beading on it. (Consumer Reports) so... if water still beads on the paint surface, you are protected. once the beading stops, its time to apply something again....

People still fall for that? One would think that BITG guys/gals would be immune to dealer swindling ...

Check the factory warranty on your Toyota. You will find that applying anything aftermarket would void that warranty. Check the rust through warranty.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back