Egg Nog...love it or hate it?

I love egg nog, my wife hates it. I think it's that kind of drink. I get mine from a local dairy and it is so good compared to the usual grocery store egg nog. I can't wait for the holidays so I can get my seasonal fix of egg nog. I don't spike mine as I have never been much of a alcohol drinker. My wife says it tastes like cough syrup. Any other egg nog lovers/haters out there? Share your recipes!
I have never tried it. I heard it tastes like spicy buttermilk.

the adult addition to egg nog is crucial and seems to be geography-specific. i grew up in new england and it was brandy. plus warmed. ive taken to cutting it with 2% milk to ease some of the sweetness. yummy.

I like straight egg nog. Even back in the days when I drank lots of alcohol it never went in my egg nog. I could never imagine putting alcohol in a diary product. I'd be interested in someone posting a good home brew egg nog recipe.

We have a local dairy processing plant, Halo Farm, set up only to sell at it's retail store there. You can see through the glass the whole processing operation. Their's is the best I've had, first ingredient may be cream. I dilute it in the glass with whole milk, 1/3 egg nog-2/3 milk, and it's still good and strong.

I’ve never understood why people would put alcohol in it lol. No alcohol at my house so I can’t try it 🤣
You got that backwards. Why would anyone take the booze out of egg nog? Alcohol-free egg nog exists only because grocery stores wanted to sell it and many stores didn't have a liquor license and because the egg nog makers didn't want to limit the market to adults. I'd rather eat pudding that have alcohol-free egg nog.

You got that backwards. Why would anyone take the booze out of egg nog? Alcohol-free egg nog exists only because grocery stores wanted to sell it and many stores didn't have a liquor license and because the egg nog makers didn't want to limit the market to adults. I'd rather eat pudding that have alcohol-free egg nog.
Well no alcohol is allowed in my house lol 😂 parents don’t believe in drinking if you have kids under 21 so they cater to that market too I guess. It’s good how it is so I feel it doesn’t need anything added too it or taken out of it.

I bungled something up there. I meant to say I'd rather eat pudding than have alcohol-free egg nog. What I posted sounded like I wanted pudding with alcohol-free egg nog mixed in. :ROFLMAO:

Back