Egg Nog...love it or hate it?

Picked up one of the best we get from local area farm I’ll have a glass for the Holidays usually cut 1:1 with a spiced rum.
A8E5C281-C53A-4F9C-A179-99DECAE28922.jpeg

Quick taste review: Light and Regular Trader Joe's nog. Not sickly sweet tasting. Did NOT compare labels. Decent overall taste but first taste is a little clovy/nutmeggy - might be off putting to some. A little chalky but not overwhelmingly so. I didn't not mix the light with my booze Egg Nog but of all the mixes the regular mixed with the booze nog - very good, best of the lot. Probably because the booze nog has no spices.

In the group of guys I work with, one guy's wife is Puerto Rican and one other guy I think is from Ecuador. The first guy's mother in law has some kind of food related business and the second guy's wife loves to cook. Today, they both brought in some kind of egg nog that was made at home. We'll start with the Ecuadorean guy's first. His wife's egg nog was very tasty with a hint of rum. We all liked it and between six of us, killed the bottle quickly. The other dude's mother in law's egg nog tasted like rum with some cinnamon and a tablespoon of egg nog in it.
The one guy that drove in today was afraid to have more than a sip of the second one.
This is probably the first time in more than 40 years I've had any. Never cared for it.

Back