Dumbest reason for arrest

This is an interesting legal aspect. Bully stole my drink today. I think he might steal it tomorrow so I created a non-toxic tainted drink to teach the bully a lesson. I thought he's take a gulp and spit it out. I had no idea it would land him in the hospital and that was not my intention.

It's against the law to booby-trap your property to injure an invader, but it if it's only meant to cause discomfort or embarrassment and not injury, is it breaking the law?

This is an interesting legal aspect. Bully stole my drink today. I think he might steal it tomorrow so I created a non-toxic tainted drink to teach the bully a lesson. I thought he's take a gulp and spit it out. I had no idea it would land him in the hospital and that was not my intention.

It's against the law to booby-trap your property to injure an invader, but it if it's only meant to cause discomfort or embarrassment and not injury, is it breaking the law?
Exactly, posters in this thread act like there is no difference between a little vinegar and murdering the kid.

I know for sure pranks like this happened constantly when I was in school. No police were involved but there was one “bully” that if anything minor happened back, even getting farted on he went to the hospital and this reminds me of him, he was probably out of school to the hospital 30 times faking injuries.

Let me send you an envelope of flour. Is it anthrax? No, it's only flour!

Scott

If you steal my “flour” containing envelopes out of my house you probably already know what’s in there.

But where does that stop? What if you didn't *mean* to really hurt someone, but tainting your food ended up sending someone to the hospital because of a deadly allergic reaction that you weren't aware of?

Or what is "discomfort?" If you purposefully taint food with milk and the person happens to be (without your knowledge) lactose intolerant and ends up in a very bad situation because of it, that's suddenly OK?

These situations are examples of why you don't do this kind of thing. Sure, it's only Gatorade, vinegar, and other ingredients we commonly think of as harmless. This kid ended up OK. The next one might not. People are allergic to all sorts of different things. Why risk it over some petty revenge just to make yourself feel better?

Exactly, posters in this thread act like there is no difference between a little vinegar and murdering the kid.

I know for sure pranks like this happened constantly when I was in school. No police were involved but there was one “bully” that if anything minor happened back, even getting farted on he went to the hospital and this reminds me of him, he was probably out of school to the hospital 30 times faking injuries.
I get it. But today things have changed. As a kid I regularly took firearms to school for show and tell days.
All types. Imagine doing that today. Things today are blown out of context and even freedom of speech is no longer
guaranteed. It's a sad world.

There has been no crime here and hopefully the woman can afford a good lawyer. The class bully stole the kids drink and got sick from it. The lady didn't "give" the drink to the bully. The bully stole something that was harmful for him and he was too stupid to not drink it.

Is Tide responsible for the idiots that think it's cool to have a taste of the colorful pods? Of course not. Sometimes we have to hold the perpetrator accountable. I'd have used a laxative but that's just me.

But where does that stop? What if you didn't *mean* to really hurt someone, but tainting your food ended up sending someone to the hospital because of a deadly allergic reaction that you weren't aware of?

Or what is "discomfort?" If you purposefully taint food with milk and the person happens to be (without your knowledge) lactose intolerant and ends up in a very bad situation because of it, that's suddenly OK?

These situations are examples of why you don't do this kind of thing. Sure, it's only Gatorade, vinegar, and other ingredients we commonly think of as harmless. This kid ended up OK. The next one might not. People are allergic to all sorts of different things. Why risk it over some petty revenge just to make yourself feel better?
This isn’t even tainted though, tainted would be something dangerous or a pathogen

If your allergic or even compromised immunity and you steal someone else’s food/drink untainted your taking your life into your hands.

There has been no crime here and hopefully the woman can afford a good lawyer. The class bully stole the kids drink and got sick from it. The lady didn't "give" the drink to the bully. The bully stole something that was harmful for him and he was too stupid to not drink it.

Is Tide responsible for the idiots that think it's cool to have a taste of the colorful pods? Of course not. Sometimes we have to hold the perpetrator accountable. I'd have used a laxative but that's just me.
But it wasn't stolen this time. From the article

"Jennifer Lynn Rossi, 45, reportedly mixed lemon juice, vinegar, salt and Gatorade together in a sports bottle on Tuesday and told her son to give it to a classmate who had stolen his drink the day before at Legacy Traditional School - Alamo Ranch, approximately 20 miles northwest of downtown San Antonio, Texas, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by ABC News’ San Antonio affiliate KSAT."

The drink was mixed with the purposeful intent to give it to the bully.

Homemade Gatorade(google it) my BIL makes it for his kids is made with salt and vinegar. I guess the Bully doesn't have the stomach for it😀 Looks like she made a stronger version and whether the kid stole it or was given to him, there was no poison in the ingredients.

Obviously he wasn't allergic to it because he stole it the day before.

He got what he deserved, guess if he would of punched him or whatever, the Mom would still go to jail for poor parenting.

Glad I am old, too many wussies today, parents talk big about their kids rights and such but don't want to take the time to raise them right., Everyone has to get involved and file lawsuits cause they are too lazy or weak to fight their own battles.

The way this thread is going it might get locked if too many people are offended!

edited 1155 I reread the thread and already see some posts that are "missing" makes me wonder.

Last edited:
There has been no crime here and hopefully the woman can afford a good lawyer I'd have used a laxative but that's just me.
It’s possible the kid would not have noticed the laxative until later though as ballistic as they went over vinegar there is no telling what level of capital offense an actual drug would warrant

So now we have the mother of a minor child in Jail and what about the poor child.

Asymmetric warfare
Kid you have a choice, if you did it you will get detention but if your mom did this you won’t have a mom anymore and will become an orphan.

I remember one time my one daughter in High School was being bullied. The big thing at the time was Seniors would go around and yell into the Freshmans ears from behind them and make them sit on the floor. Well that was done to my daughter by a football lineman who was a lot bigger and taller than she was. She was about 5' and maybe 98 pounds wet. Anyway he came up from behind her at her locker, my daughter being a tom boy instinctively turned around, kneed him in his privates, took him down and put her knee on his neck and cursed him out.

She got suspended for 3 days for cursing at the kid(went to catholic hs), discipline office would not push any further. Wife asked what about the lineman. Response was that he literally got the short of end the deal, because he was embarrassed as all heck by being taken down by a small freshman girl. We never called the other parents and they never called us. He ended up the laughing stock at the school in his senior year. They become close friends after HS.

I got in more trouble than my daughter did because my wife blamed me for my daughter's cursing!!!

Last edited:

Definitely not a reason for police intervention, if it was drain cleaner or sulphuric acid,
but salt and vinegar who cares?

If the kid would have made a yucky drink himself that someone stole would he have gotten arrested?
Surely you're joking. What if caused the kid to aspirate the liquid and he died? You can't intentionally do physical harm to another person.

What's wrong with "and I got a severe talking to". That's what happened to the girl in "Badlands".

Sometimes the police and the courts need to apply a bit of discretion.

Many years ago, friends of mine were caught driving a motorcycle that had no brakes, lights, or muffler, unlicensed and while under age. The police pointed all that out and then said, "why don't you just push that thing home." They got the message.

The class bully stole the kids drink and got sick from it. The lady didn't "give" the drink to the bully. The bully stole something that was harmful for him and he was too stupid to not drink it.
From the article:
Jennifer Lynn Rossi, 45, reportedly mixed lemon juice, vinegar, salt and Gatorade together in a sports bottle on Tuesday and told her son to give it to a classmate who had stolen his drink the day before

But it wasn't stolen this time. From the article

"Jennifer Lynn Rossi, 45, reportedly mixed lemon juice, vinegar, salt and Gatorade together in a sports bottle on Tuesday and told her son to give it to a classmate who had stolen his drink the day before at Legacy Traditional School - Alamo Ranch, approximately 20 miles northwest of downtown San Antonio, Texas, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by ABC News’ San Antonio affiliate KSAT."

The drink was mixed with the purposeful intent to give it to the bully.
Maybe that meant, if the bully tried to steal your drink again via intimidation and coercion, give him this drink. Or maybe it meant, hey, since you liked my drink so much yesterday, I brought in another one for you today.

Surely you're joking. What if caused the kid to aspirate the liquid and he died? You can't intentionally do physical harm to another person.
I had a 9th grade bully throw me (98lb 7th grader) face first down 2 flights of stairs, what do you suppose the school did to the bully?

What would have happened if I broke my neck instead of having bum knees?

(Hint complete opposite of what happens if a person defends themselves)

Was told I had to solve my own problems.

Back