Dumbest reason for arrest

Definitely not a reason for police intervention, if it was drain cleaner or sulphuric acid,
but salt and vinegar who cares?

If the kid would have made a yucky drink himself that someone stole would he have gotten arrested?

Probably not. In highschool my younger brother "stole" a soda can from his friend. The can ended up being a faux can that has drugs in it. My brother got suspended and nothing happened to the other kid.

Bully or not...you give my child a drink to purposely harm them and we're both going to jail.
Salt and vinegar harms him how?

Ooh it tastes yucky, I feel sick and need a hospital so I can gleam as much drama as possible from the bad taste.

Oddly enough I had brags drinking vinegar in highschool in my lunch.

This is a case that the bully got what they deserved.

I drink vinegar on purpose for my gut, I don’t mix in Gatorade though as I honestly find it worse tasting.

Salt and vinegar harms him how?

Ooh it tastes yucky, I feel sick and need a hospital so I can gleam as much drama as possible from the bad taste.

Oddly enough I had brags drinking vinegar in highschool in my lunch.

This is a case that the bully got what they deserved.

I drink vinegar on purpose for my gut, I don’t mix in Gatorade though as I honestly find it worse tasting.
What is this, the 1800's? Why engage in vigilante crap. Just don't screw with peoples food. Doesn't matter if it is harmful or not. The kid was sent to the hospital. They didn't know if the kid was dying or if he was gonna be fine, but why risk it? He drank something horrible and started experiencing medical issues.

So it's OK to screw with peoples food because someone stole a drink. Nah man. Don't think so. If someone did that to either of my kids, I'd be absolutely furious.

The problem is where does it end.
Do we wait until she whips out the cyanide?
Context matters, that’s like saying a toy gun is no different than a real gun and that vitamin C is as bad as fentanyl

I purposefully drink the stuff the kid got a snootfull of, we used to eat/drink gross stuff on purpose as dares.

What is this, the 1800's? Why engage in vigilante crap. Just don't screw with peoples food. Doesn't matter if it is harmful or not. The kid was sent to the hospital. They didn't know if the kid was dying or if he was gonna be fine, but why risk it? He drank something horrible and started experiencing medical issues.

So it's OK to screw with peoples food because someone stole a drink. Nah man. Don't think so. If someone did that to either of my kids, I'd be absolutely furious.

It wasn’t his food

The drink didn't send him to the hospital the school staff nurse or AVP likely did.
Odd. First time kids at school with a sick tummy? Really? Go puke and lie on this cot for a bit.

I flipped a lunchroom table over and bulldozered a bully against the wall after being bullied constantly for months way back in middle school in the 60's. Oh yeah, I snap like that.

Maybe he would have preferred this bitter cocktail instead.

Supporting the school nurse's judgement, I would imagine it's hard to discern Gatorade from Zerex most of the time.

Last edited:
Context matters, that’s like saying a toy gun is no different than a real gun and that vitamin C is as bad as fentanyl

I purposefully drink the stuff the kid got a snootfull of, we used to eat/drink gross stuff on purpose .
Yeah but the glaring difference is that *YOU KNEW YOU WERE DRINKING IT.* This kid didn't know if what they drank was some horrendous concoction or something truly harmful.

My brother spent the weekend in jail in the 1970's for going 100mph in a 25mph residential area. Only problem being is there were no houses built as of yet. Miles of empty streets. Too tempting I suppose.

When I was in high school I went for a long run on a hot, humid day. Came in the kitchen door and my mom handed me a measuring cup and told me it was water. Took a big swig and ... YUCK. It was vinegar.

Love you, mom ...

Yeah but the glaring difference is that *YOU KNEW YOU WERE DRINKING IT.* This kid didn't know if what they drank was some horrendous concoction or something truly harmful.
My mom taught me years ago not to drink or eat other peoples crap unless I know them well, if you steal someone’s crap you might end up eating poison or razor blades.

I knew that at 5, when I was in school I saw certain individuals take minor incidents and blow them up to go to the hospital to get out of school far more often than the opposite.

My mom taught me years ago not to drink or eat other peoples crap unless I know them well, if you steal someone’s crap you might end up eating poison or razor blades.
And anyone booby trapping food with razor blades and poison will deserve to end up in jail as well. Stealing food is bad, yes. But it is not deserving of bodily injury or death.

I purposefully drink the stuff the kid got a snootfull of, we used to eat/drink gross stuff on purpose as dares.

It wasn’t his food
Common sense dictates when you involve the police let alone the hospital someone is going to pay. We all know that.
Harmless as it may have been when the police respond the party is over.

And anyone booby trapping food with razor blades and poison will deserve to end up in jail as well. Stealing food is bad, yes. But it is not deserving of bodily injury or death.
No bodily injury or death occurred and stealing is definitely worthy of minor discomfort and punishment.

Common sense dictates when you involve the police let alone the hospital someone is going to pay. We all know that.
Harmless as it may have been when the police respond the party is over.

And that is the real problem, if you stub your toe or get a fart crossways, trip on the sidewalk, everything needs the police to babysit.

Back