Dumbest reason for arrest

Bully or not...you give my child a drink to purposely harm them and we're both going to jail.
I guess he "giving" the drink to the bully was a mistake. Now, if the bully stole the drink from my son or threatened him harm to take it, that's a different story.

Just how stupid was the bully to have gotten more than a mouthful of the concoction before spitting it out ?
I suspect he ingested very, very little. And the hospitalization was more of a precaution or due to drama queens having a fit than anything else. The police didn't need to be involved. The mom shouldn't have done it. The school should have dealt with the bully.

But, everybody is a victim these days aren't they ? I'm just waiting for the follow up story where the bully's parents and some weasel lawyer are suing everyone in sight looking for a big payday.

I guess he "giving" the drink to the bully was a mistake. Now, if the bully stole the drink from my son or threatened him harm to take it, that's a different story.
No, it's a good "on purpose". The drink was not toxic just a bit off-putting.

"The Bitterness of Bondage".

But in reflection, it is a sort of wimpy, passive move. Like putting an oft swiped Peanut butter and scotch bonnet sandwich into the cafeteria fridge and wait for the yelp.

Someone at my office occasionally (like 2 or 3 times a year) stole someone elses's lunch from the staff room refrigerator.

I was the boss. What to do about it? Was it even on purpose? Was it because someone couldn't afford to buy food? [The staff were all well paid, but people can go through a lot of money for the darnedest reasons.] Was it even our staff?

1) Put up a surveillance camera? Nope. The staff wouldn't appreciate the boss spying on them.

2) Put a surveillance camera in the refrigerator? Nope. Same reason.

3) Put up a sign reminding people to leave other people's lunch alone? Pretty wimpy. But what else could you do?

Suggestions?

Someone at my office occasionally (like 2 or 3 times a year) stole someone elses's lunch from the staff room refrigerator.

I was the boss. What to do about it? Was it even on purpose? Was it because someone couldn't afford to buy food? [The staff were all well paid, but people can go through a lot of money for the darnedest reasons.] Was it even our staff?

1) Put up a surveillance camera? Nope. The staff wouldn't appreciate the boss spying on them.

2) Put a surveillance camera in the refrigerator? Nope. Same reason.

3) Put up a sign reminding people to leave other people's lunch alone? Pretty wimpy. But what else could you do?

Suggestions?
Our nephew living with us had a similar problem. Car dealership with other salespersons stealing his lunch. He started making gourmet cat food sandwiches. Not sure if it solved the problem, but we all felt better about it.

I was the boss. What to do about it? ... .

Suggestions?
sample.jpg

Last edited:
"An altercation between two minors differs from that between a minor and an adult."

So, a little off track here. If a minor punches a minor in the face , thats different than 2 adults doing the same. Kinda like burning and looting in "peaceful protests" vs doing the same in a "riot"

If its wrong its wrong, I can't keep up with the new millenial laws and rules,nuances now a days. Used to be what was good for the goose was good for the gander.
Yes it is different because minors, as a population, lack the necessary brain development where resolving issues without the use of force is an option. From the perspective of brain development humans don't exit adolescence until their early 20's (females sooner than males).

In the 50's kids generally solved their own problems. We had a town bully who victimized a bunch of kids in many cruel and harmful ways. After many years of abuse, he hit me with a stone and ripped my shirt at recess (I was 10). I turned around and he must have seen something In my expression and took off running, caught him in a pile of leaves in the corner of the school yard and gave him, what was called at the time "a righteous beating". Nothing was ever said to me about this and he didn't bother me or anyone else again, I wasn't a real effective fighter, just pissed off. Moral of the story: don't scare someone too badly because you don't know how they will respond. Sooner or later everyone reaches a breaking point

This made me think back to college. I always subletteted apartments and one summer it was a family, where husband was a phd student. The wife put drain cleaner in the husband’s orange juice because he was cheating on her. After he had to be rushed to emergency, she was not arrested but Warned not to do it again.

Then she bought a used 240SX and asked me to teach her how to drive a manual. 😆

In the 50's kids generally solved their own problems.
While I wasn't allowed to hurt anyone and I was pretty small, dealing with our town bully made me into a good little fighter. In my mid teens I was accosted by 3 or 4 big and strong country kids. My neighbour who was standing nearby offered to "hold my coat". (That's code for "I'll make sure you only have to fight one of them at a time.") The first one swung at me and of course missed. I threw him down on the sidewalk crunching his face into the grit, with my knee on his back, threatening to dislocate his shoulder. He'd suddenly had enough. The rest stood back. I retrieved my coat and my neighbour and I walked home.

The moral of the story: Don't try to pick on a little guy who might have some street smarts.

Last edited:
Maybe the mother used cleaning vinegar which is a little stronger? Either way, how do we know there aren't any pre-existing issues with the child and their throat.

I know for sure pranks like this happened constantly when I was in school. No police were involved but there was one “bully” that if anything minor happened back, even getting farted on he went to the hospital and this reminds me of him, he was probably out of school to the hospital 30 times faking injuries.
What ever happened to the guy? Did he become a professional soccer player?

The police didn't need to be involved. The mom shouldn't have done it.
I presume she talked and incriminated her self. Police at door or on the phone = don't open, don't talk.

Suggestions?
Food bank phone number?
Uber eats phone number?
Gambling hotline?

Food bank phone number?
Gambling hotline?
You might be on to something there.

We had an employee ask for an advance on their pay because they were dead broke. All of our employees were very well paid so they must have blown their cheque on outrageous living of some sort, had gambled it all away, their spouse had gambled it all away, etc.

My business manager arranged for a personal emergency grant of a couple of hundred dollars (we were a compassionate employer), told them never to ask for an advance again "because we don't do that here", and referred them to our Employee Assistance Plan where they could be provided with financial planning, budgeting advice, addictions treatment, etc. It never happened again.

Was it the same employee who was stealing lunches? We never found out who was doing that.

Back