Dreaded Annual Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: jonnied1
Last year I had the Turbo go bad at 99k Miles. $5k for that job
Oil is changed every 5k Miles with 5W-40 synthetic Valvoline.
mad.gif

You need to learn to do some of your own basic repairs.

Learn??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Let me fill you in about my background just a little bit.
1. I was a Jet Aircraft Mechanic in the Air Force from 1970 to 1974. Jet Over Two rating (43151E to be exact). I worked on B-52's and KC-135's.
2. I worked 4 years as a Tool and Die maker, working with tolerances that required measuring with a compareter to verify exact angle tolerances to within specifications that could not be measured by standard tools.
3. Worked as an Industrial Millwright for 7 years on equipment consisting of intricate machines, to motors, generators, rolling mills and furnaces large enough to build a house in.
4. 10 years as a maintenance supervisor running crews, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation / electronic shop, hydraulic repair.
5. Finished my career with the company as a Maintenance Planner developing job plans and scheduling multi million dollar outages on this equipment.
Learn??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I just don't want to turn wrenches any more!

Last edited:
mad.gif

1. I was a Jet Aircraft Mechanic in the Air Force from 1970 to 1974. Jet Over Two rating (43151E to be exact). I worked on B-52's and KC-135's.
2. I worked 4 years as a Tool and Die maker, working with tolerances that required measuring with a compareter to verify exact angle tolerances to within specifications that could not be measured by standard tools.
3. Worked as an Industrial Millwright for 7 years on equipment consisting of intricate machines, to motors, generators, rolling mills and furnaces large enough to build a house in.
4. 10 years as a maintenance supervisor running crews, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation / electronic shop, hydraulic repair.
5. Finished my career with the company as a Maintenance Planner developing job plans and scheduling multi million dollar outages on this equipment.

Then deal with paying someone to do the work. I've worked on people's cars where the owners can do the work themselves but they pay me for do the work. Heck even some jobs are way above my head where I would just bring it to the dealership instead.

Last edited:
Heck I'd like my state to abolish safety checks but someone needs to tell drivers that 2 out of 3 stop lamps are out.

Or someone has been passing cars with such defects.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
mad.gif

Then deal with paying someone to do the work. I've worked on people's cars where the owners can do the work themselves but they pay me for do the work. Heck even some jobs are way above my head where I would just bring it to the dealership instead.

I do, I can well afford to pay for maintenance that I choose not to do. If I want to do some wrench turning i will do it. Some things i just prefer not to do. Kapish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back