Does M1 AFE really improve mpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Ran it in my Tacoma. No change between 0 and 5W.

Given that the M1 5W30 has the (tiniest) edge in KV40 and VI, and you are in Texas...that's entirely predictable

Shackeled by EPA specs. Single Car no change most likely , but Fleet or Taxi service will show up . Best milage improvment by far was 1.2 MPG by changing Tires to Mich Energy Scan Gauge observed not by PCMO .

Sounds like won't help me. I live in the Appalachian Mountains at 2134' altitude.

Never made a difference for me.. 4x4s mountain roads..high altitude service.
Given most of our conditions are a constant for us the best modification is driving style.
As mentioned earlier tire selection helps if it is important enough. I run low resistance tires on the bmw, and there is no difference in mileage (computer logged)between 5w30 llo1 and 0w40 llo1

It will help many people to the tune of 2-3%. Why....because they will subconsciously adjust their driving behavior.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Anyone have experience with M1 Advanced Fuel Economy improving MPGs? If so, what difference are you seeing?

Is there something special about "AFE" vs any other brand of the same grade, aside from it's name being directly suggestive? I'm just trying to figure out why one would drop a brand and product name in such a general query rather than refer to an actual SAE grade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back