Does anyone with a well have a cycle stop valve?

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
Im looking at this or a variable speed pump which is an expensive upgrade.

The CSV is a fairly cheap mod.

The cycle stop valve claims to be able to do almost the same thing and Im having a hard time understanding how it can possibly do the things it claims.

Thanks

I use the better of the CSV's on my 3-stage, 2HP Goulds shallow well jet pump. Mounted right on the pump's outlet.

I have 6 shower heads (2 stations) in my 9 foot by 4.5 foot shower, an 80 gal hybrid water heater.

I hated that when using just one side of the shower, the water pressure would cycle from 65 to 95PSI, up and down. But was steady with the wife using the other station at the same time. So I installed the Stainless CSV and a small pressure tank instead of the huge one.

Works wonderfully. AS LONG AS I have it set correctly. It is easy to set it to prevent cycling under all conditions, but that just runs the pump too much. So I set the CSV to prevent pump cycling when using one shower.

There are many CSV detractors, I am not one of them. I find it to be an ideal solution for my high pressure, high flow requirements.

CSV1A is the one I have:

Note: I purchased just the valve, and did not purchase a kit. I use a relatively small expansion tank, about 7 gals of draw down. The tank is the $200 model from Lowes.

CSV1A_medium.jpg

Last edited:
Did you choose a solution? I also looked into a variable speed pump, but passed on it due to the electronics and the number of lightning strikes I've had at my home.

I have grown tired of replacing and repairing non robust components.

Did you choose a solution? I also looked into a variable speed pump, but passed on it due to the electronics and the number of lightning strikes I've had at my home.

I have grown tired of replacing and repairing non robust components.
Im still looking.. leaning toward a cycle stop valve.

Since my pump is a fairly new 5 year old A.Y McDonald tossing it at this stage for a VFD doenst make sense, but when it goes I'll probably upgrade.

Back