Dodge Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not "always" right. What gives you that idea?

Just opinions from experiences having seen a lot. Others have different experiences and opinions and well that is fine too.
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Most surveys I have seen have Chevy over Dodge …
I’m not going to produce them since this site discredits surveys that don’t fit thier belief system or prefers “Dave mentioned”

Dodge is definately in the dog house with GM no question and I'm a Dodge owner with a father that worked at Chrysler. Now Chev/GM over Dodge/Chrysler no way. The same level of terrible quality on multiple of their products, yes. Better than yester-year, yes for both of them.

There are far too many GM's running around with engine problems, check engine lights on constantly, oil consumption issue and water pump failures not to be. And yes I can tell you all the problems Chrysler has as well just the same. Different in nature but just as numerous.

Funny, I've had none of these issues with my GM/Chrysler products.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Stevie ~ wish I was always right like you are …

Everyone is right, within their realm of experience. We own a few GM trucks and get amazingly long life out of them. I am certain my wife's 14 RAM will be the same, already on its way to 70k miles without a single mechanical anything so far, just maintenance.

The facts are that the overwhelming majority of all brand's owners are satisfied, they simply start and go. A certain number of folks have severe confirmation bias and would never admit their car/truck is bad, and another segment would complain loud and long no matter what.

Personally I believe the Internet has made the latter group king for a day...

I have had good service from domestics and my 3 BIL’s as well. Oldest finally told one of his engineers to quit rambling about his Nissan or he’d quit picking him up at the dealership on the way to work …

I guess because of the plethora of vehicles my dad and I have worked on over the years and the re-emerging problems with manufacturers has warped our view. It's too hard to ignore the constant repeat of similar problems among a product line.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I guess because of the plethora of vehicles my dad and I have worked on over the years and the re-emerging problems with manufacturers has warped our view. It's too hard to ignore the constant repeat of similar problems among a product line.

I can see that. I can also say I wouldn't repeatedly buy vehicles that were a headache...I guess I could be extremely lucky, but I find that unlikely since it hasn't rolled over to other parts of my life.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
dd,

Don't you work for an FCA supplier or something?

No, the big three offer a supplier discount to us which I believe is common with a lot of large organizations, possibly because we buy vehicles from them. We may also provide some services or products to them, but I don't work for anyone like TRW or any major supplier.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Dodge Quality? As far as I know they all have had major issues!! Can someone name a model, Dodge, [censored] even the entire Chrysler line that is rock solid with no stupid major issues? What is the "Toyota Camry" of reliability of the Dodge brand?????

"Dodge recalls 1,207 Hellcats for massive oil cooler leaks"

Hey, that's almost as bad as Toyota Tundra camshafts snapping in half
smirk.gif

Hey shhhhhh you know you aren't allowed to bash imports if they have an issue like camshafts snapping it's obviously a user error issue. It couldn't possibly be a design flaw or a quality issue not on a Toyota.

You know, the only place I've heard about the camshaft issue is on here. Casual looking indicates it was a first year issue.
21.gif
I know I would not have bought my Tundra if I thought Toyota had an issue with camshafts.

There's plenty of reasons to hate on Toyota but a camshaft isn't one of them. [Rust being first, mpg second. Styling perhaps most of all.]

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Dodge Quality? As far as I know they all have had major issues!! Can someone name a model, Dodge, [censored] even the entire Chrysler line that is rock solid with no stupid major issues? What is the "Toyota Camry" of reliability of the Dodge brand?????

"Dodge recalls 1,207 Hellcats for massive oil cooler leaks"

Hey, that's almost as bad as Toyota Tundra camshafts snapping in half
smirk.gif

Hey shhhhhh you know you aren't allowed to bash imports if they have an issue like camshafts snapping it's obviously a user error issue. It couldn't possibly be a design flaw or a quality issue not on a Toyota.

You know, the only place I've heard about the camshaft issue is on here. Casual looking indicates it was a first year issue.
21.gif
I know I would not have bought my Tundra if I thought Toyota had an issue with camshafts.

There's plenty of reasons to hate on Toyota but a camshaft isn't one of them. [Rust being first, mpg second. Styling perhaps most of all.]

It was roughly 30,000 vehicles and yes, first year only of the 5.7L. I mentioned it because the above HellCat recall is for a whopping 1,207 vehicles. 15,600 Tundra's were also recalled for the slip-yoke potentially failing due to improper heat treating the same year as the camshaft issue. They had basically the same recall, but for 2010MY vehicles later on.

They all have recalls for strange issues like these, it just seems that much of the time the Asian marques, particularly Toyota, get a free pass.

They all have recalls for strange issues like these, it just seems that much of the time the Asian marques, particularly Toyota, get a free pass.

Free pass is actually not too bad. Some people go as far as praise Toyota for recalls, because it's a sign of how much they care about their customers. The same people will, of course, criticize GM, Ford and Chrysler for the exact same thing.

They might have gotten a pass on recalls, but they certainly have not for their styling.
wink.gif

Some days I think they are all about as bad as each other. Random stuff comes up.

But yeah, Toyota certainly became what GM was--same drivetrain for eons, long past their expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back