do you reuse the tubing for suction pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it OK to reuse the plastic hose/tube for the suction pump or will it skew subsequent UOAs? It has a visible oil film from the last sample.

When I use mine, I first clean it carefully. Then I withdraw several sample bottles full of oil, each of which I just pour back into the oil filler. Once I feel comfortable that I've "purged" the system, I take a last sample "for keeps." I've only done a small number of samples, but I'm about to do a couple more, and I feel that this procedure will yield clean samples with relative ease.

I bought 100' of polyethylene tubing with my pump for $8. Each sample piece is about 3 ft. long so thats good for about 33 sample pulls. I've done 6 or 7 so far over the last couple years so it should last awhile. When done, I just pitch it and don't worry about cross-contamination.

Before I placed Fumoto valves on all my cars I used the tubing and never flushed it. It makes no difference in the UOA results. As long as you do not mix fluids, ATF, Gear oil, brake fluid etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back