Do you prefer BBQ sauce tangy, smoky or sweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good sauce...

I can make it from scratch and it is quite a bit better than that.

One thing to make that good to very good sauce better... Add Lea and Perrins worschester sauce to it. Adds a different twang that is very good.

Depends. Pulled pork I've taken to a mustard based sauce. Chicken can be about any variety. Little to no sauce with sausage, brisket I tend to prefer a more traditional Texas style sauce meaning not sweet but Stubb's put out a Honey Pecan flavor last decade that was great then changed the recipe after 2 years, I can't stand their current stuff except their Smoky Mesquite.

I tend to make my own incorporating 3 types of chili peppers and some Dr. Pepper among other ingredients, not by doctoring up a commercial sauce. I don't care much for molasses itself but grew up with cane syrup.

Last edited:
Sweet Baby Ray's is my favorite mass produced sauce. I met him at a golf outing so I always try to buy it (I know - silly.)

There's a local guy that bottles a maple chipotle sauce that's my favorite. Give me sweet and smokey any time.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Making your own BBQ sauce is also a fun thing to experiment with.

A LOT CHEAPER, too!!!

There's some amazing recipes online -
I do like mine a little on the warm side,
so i like to add different kinds of pepper(s) as I experiment.
X3. Easy, cheap, and only a few basic ingredients. Brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, and a few drops of vinegar.

Originally Posted By: Aichiguy

Sweet AND spicey

Sweet Baby Ray's - Sweet and Spicy is my favorite. I don't care what it's made of when it tastes that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back