Do you have more vehicles then driver's in your home?

5 vehicles to 4 drivers. Mainly so we have an extra when something breaks. Odometer readings: 245k, 202k, 189k, 185k, 135k

4 Drivers, 6 Cars.

My truck only gets used for the towing the Subvets float, travel trailer and boat. The Trans Am sits might come out on sunny days.
The other 4 are all daily drivers.

I had 4 cars for three drivers until Carvana gave me three grand more for my 2019 Jetta than I paid for it.

I have a Roadtrek versatille van and a CoachHouse 272XL camper. Add to that my Terry 245 5th wheel that I tow with my 07 Dodge 1500. My other 2 campers are a 75 VW Westfalia and a 86 Westfalia. I like my VW's but the other campers offer AC for sleeping comfort. and a toilet.

I have 4 vehicles for 2 drivers. The first two are daily drivers for my wife and me and accumulate the vast majority of the miles; the third only comes out on weekends when I can get out of the SF Bay megalopolis and enjoy the open roads for which the chassis and manual transmission were designed; the fourth is only used for long journeys.

2and 1/2 vehicles to 2 drivers. 77 is still in the shop being rebuilt and modified. Don`t ride the bike much and the atv is rideable but not registered this year.

Vehicles break down and or have problems. Depending on their age its a smart thing to have a few spares. Each driver needs their own car,
with at least 2 spares, just in case.

3 vehicles, 2 drivers which is lower than it was. 6 months ago it used to be 5 vehicles to 2 drivers, wife wanted the 2 extra out of the driveway. 1 went to my kid so he is now 2 vehicles and 1 driver and we sold the other one.

6:2

Six vehicles. Two drivers. At the house.

Each kid has their own car, in Utah, Vermont, and Massachusetts, so nine vehicles, five drivers, if you want to count them.

But six for two seems reasonable for a car guy…

And in fairness, one of the six (V70R) is kept in Colorado. So, really, 5:2 at the house. And I can’t really count the Packard, so, it’s 4:2.

One daily, one fun car, each.

2:2. We had 3 at one time and that was helpful if one needed maintenance and was out of service for awhile. But That wasn't often so cut down to 2 to save due to property tax (we pay annually to the county) and insurance

2:1 at the moment
5 able drivers, but some just refuse (looking at you Ma 👀), so 4
9 cars, but one's business provided so really 8

There's a bucket of keys in my front room
My neighbors and close friends refer to me as Fleet Dispatch
If you need a vehicle, one will be provided to you 😂

I used to drive a different car to work every day of the week, just to keep people guessing 🤌

If street sweeping ever came to my block, that would be my thirteenth reason 😭

Ugh. Two drivers two vehicles. Couldn’t imagine having any more then is needed. We could get by with one, but car seats for the grandkids and their assorted junk would drive me nuts.

Back