Do you enjoy any winter activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I enjoy actually doing things outside in the winter.

Too hot in the summer to barely live.

Now c'mon! You've got to realize that where you live doesn't exactly take great effort to go out in the winter "cold"! Head up to Montana or North Dakota and see how active you'd be in the winter.

Depends where you live. For me no.If I lived in Florida I would actually prefer winter over summer.

When I was younger I would tend to do more. These days I am not a fan of the endless winter drizzle and dark, cold, dreary, days.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Now c'mon! You've got to realize that where you live doesn't exactly take great effort to go out in the winter "cold"! Head up to Montana or North Dakota and see how active you'd be in the winter.
Lol that's what I mean, it's a nice temperature outside in the winter, 76 degrees today.

Back when I had free time.... I would go out sledding. One of the places I used to live in had really nice groomed trails in the forest. Was a lot of fun. I used to shoot a lot as well. -30 never used to stop us.

Snowmobiling, hockey, downhill skiing, and not long ago tobogganing with my son. I figured, where I live, if you can't beat you might as well enjoy it.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Lol that's what I mean, it's a nice temperature outside in the winter, 76 degrees today.

Winter in southern Arizona is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

I enjoy running a snow blower. Doing my own driveway, and even my neighbors gets me out of the house, I get to operate machinery (which I enjoy), and is good exercise...I get cabin fever if I'm cooped up for too long...I'm an outdoor person...

The older I get the less I enjoy it. But I was really sad at the cold snap we've gotten for the holiday break, 5F for a high with a breeze was simply too cold for me to want to do anything outside. I do enjoy some minor hiking, snowshoeing, the like--but I'm really itching for the summer biking season.

The most I do outside in winter is shovel!

Nope. The only thing I like about winter is...no...no...not that...yeah, I got nothing.

My always-cold wife likes it even less than I do. (Currently, she is wearing three layers and one feline...I'm in a T-shirt and work pants.)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Nope. The only thing I like about winter is...no...no...not that...yeah, I got nothing.

My always-cold wife likes it even less than I do. (Currently, she is wearing three layers and one feline...I'm in a T-shirt and work pants.)

Have you considered moving to a warmer area ?

Winters usually aren't that bad here, or that bad all winter long. It's easy enough to wait for the next above freezing day to do stuff outside. Problem is that I can't make that happen on a weekend when I really want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back