Do you care what your lawn looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, and I try my best, but I don't obsess about it. I only have about 500 square feet of grass, so I try to keep it cut and weed free. I try avoid too many chemicals, using a spot sprayer for weeds and an organic fertilizer (Milorganite).

I used to really get into keeping it weed free, thick and lush. Trouble is everyone around my place has weed infested lawns - and their weeds spread over to my place. Now I just drop down fertilizer a couple times a year and keep it cut & edged. I also periodically cut the lawns of the neighbors that live on each side of my property during the summer, when their grass gets too long, one is an older lady and the other is a woman that has some trouble getting around. I do one fall cleanup on their front yards as well. Their properties are real small so it does not take any time at all. Their kids don't help them out any with yard work.

I have one acre of weeds-crabgrass-dandelions. I try to mow whenever it is dry enough because sooner rather than later it will be too wet to mow...and then it looks ugly until I can mow it.

I don't fertilize the lawns, nor do I water them. I keep the grass,etc longer than what is considered a "lawn". This prevents browning in the front yard. I'm in behind the folks on the street, I have no neighbors to depress
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
No way, weeds are green too, it gets mowed and that's it.

Yep, and I wish I could avoid that, too. Given my hours, I pay a cousin to do it often enough.

I maintain 2.5 acres. No feeding or weeding. I mow every 14 days whether it needs it or not.

Spent tons of money watering, seeding, cutting...never looked good. Ripped it out and put a putting green in. Best decision ever! Best part is it doesn't need cut.

piYJill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back