Do you care what your lawn looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even golf courses that have landscapers tending them everyday are not perfect. I work on mine some and I do care , but it’s not even close

I keep it in reasonable shape, it is usually green and mowed, haha. It’s not striped or perfect but I’m also not fertilizing it every month or mowing it every 2 days like some of my neighbors. I think most people way over fertilize their lawns.

I do a reasonable job but my house is NY does not have enough well water for watering the grass and lots of shade due to the house area is in a clearing in the woods.

House in DE as irrigation system and a guy who guts the grass.

I try and avoid using a lot of insect/grubb killer chemicals.

As long as it's green and fairly consistent, I'm happy with mine. No chemicals or fertilizers are added and I cut it relatively high, which I think helps. I mulch most of the time, but when it's too long I side discharge and leave it (way too much to rake or sweep). I also mulch up the leaves into the lawn during the Fall.

I do use some "round-up" type spray around our flower beds and landscaping to keep weeds and unwanted grass down.

Nothing but trees and gravel around me.

What tiny bit of grass grows, I cut down and give to the rabbits.

I tend to be a person of moderation. I attempt to keep my lawn(s) healthy using techniques that encourage less use of chemicals. That means it is not perfect. Yes, there are so many other things in life to give priority to.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I do enjoy yard work. The smell of cut grass, nice and deep green color. Unfortunately my yard has some sandy soil so it loses water quickly. Dry summers wreck havoc on it as even watering it to keep it green is hard.

ZZman, you are fortunate to live in a state with one of the best turfgrass management institutions in the world: https://www.canr.msu.edu/turf/ ... lots of diy information available at your fingertips.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

ZZman, you are fortunate to live in a state with one of the best turfgrass management institutions in the world: https://www.canr.msu.edu/turf/ ... lots of diy information available at your fingertips.

Yes, and I love riding around campus.

No chemicals just natural as possible. I live on an esturiary and also wife a bee keeper. Some idiot neighbors concerned with carpet green lawns poison the bay behind us.

As long as my lawn looks like most of surrounding lawns in the neighborhood, I'm satisfied. Not going to obsess over a lawn-to-kill-for. Let a lawn company fertilize four times a year and have a man who does a good job of mowing after using a guy that was a hacker with his weed eater.My war department gave him the old heave ho.

I absolutely hate yardwork with a passion, and I have 2 yards to do. Out of spite and to annoy the neighbor I purposely go without mowing sometimes 2-3 weeks. He's a lawn care freak. I have a big tree that is on the edge of my property that I refuse to mow the leaves until they all drop. He will vac the leaves pretty much every day. I'm a bad neighbor.

My front yard is all gravel and cactus. I water the cactus once a year, and spray for weeds every once in a while. Maybe once a year I get out the leaf blower and clean it up.

The back yard is gravel and grass. It's coming in decently, but I don't really care how it looks. Just mostly green for the dogs.

Yes, different types of grass is fine, but not weeds. Nice dark green. Uniform cut and trim and I'm happy. As a matter of fact did my insect and fertilizer today
smile.gif
. Not overly obsessed but, but enough to do watering, fertilizer, weed control ect on regular basis.

I just cut it and trim a bit and that's all. The only thing I like about cutting the grass is smelling the sweet smell of 2-stroke exhaust from my Lawnboy mowers!

I'm not a great lover of yard work but I do keep my lawn and flower beds in decent shape. My neighbors keep their yards in good condition so I try to keep mine the same way.

I have a nice bumpy meadow that I mow every now and then.

My Border Collies love it.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
No chemicals just natural as possible. I live on an esturiary and also wife a bee keeper. Some idiot neighbors concerned with carpet green lawns poison the bay behind us.

Ditto. I'm on a major Lake watershed. The neighbors with "great lawns" use Chemlawn and poison our trophy fishing, swimming, rowing, and boating lake...not to mention well waters. Most of us just let it grow as it wants and cut. If you try to raise the pH that contributes to more water weeds in the lake that ultimately will choke it off. I cut it weekly and that's. More moss, acidic flowers, and weed than lawn, at least on 3 of the 4 sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back