Do you care if your engine compartment is clean?

Originally Posted by MCompact
Yes.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You have any trouble with coilpacks in that Mazdaspeed after washing the engine? I went through two episodes of breaking down on the highway in my MS6, Mazda claimed water caused both. I didn't remove the intercooler after washing the engine, so apparently water sits in the coil pack valley in the valve cover. Or, it did in mine.

A clean engine bay shows how much pride you take in keeping care of a vehicle. I don't wash mine down but it keep the plastics clean and protected and also any other accessible areas.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote

You have any trouble with coilpacks in that Mazdaspeed after washing the engine? I went through two episodes of breaking down on the highway in my MS6, Mazda claimed water caused both. I didn't remove the intercooler after washing the engine, so apparently water sits in the coil pack valley in the valve cover. Or, it did in mine.

I never replaced a coilpack in 8 years and 158k miles.

Underhood, I care more about the functionality and less about the appearance. I don't mind dust and a little dirt. Even some fluid seepage is OK as long as it's not a real leak. There is a difference. The exterior I try to keep reasonably clean, the car more than the truck.

Back