Do I really need a spray in bedliner, 2017 F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to ask if you need a bedliner, then there is a pretty good chance you do not need one.

Loading and unloading concrete chunks is what really kills a bed. I love the commercials where they are dropping giant rocks in slow-mo into a pickup and the entire pickup moves upon impact. Who in their right mind would ever do that to a brand new truck?

Does the spray bedliner work as well for the aluminum beds? The ford aluminum beds I have seen have a lot more dings/flex in them.

I would think the drop in plastic bedliner may work better for the aluminum beds since water getting under the plastic bedliner and rusting is not an issue.

BIL has the 2017 F150 and just uses the rubber mat … I have seen roofing tin, lumber, and sack materials in that bed … no bricks or cinder blocks …

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Have to go spray-on.

I can't believe all trucks don't come standard that way. Everything else seems half-assed.

And even if it did that would not prevent the use of insert liners or mats … it’s just gotta be cheaper to paint it all the same in the factory …

Our GM dealer uses an independent body shop if you want spray in Rhino on a new truck … they keep their own body shop spraying body paint only …

I have a drop in liner. It's been fantastic. I load the back with gravel, top soil and so on. Washes right out without getting underneath.

I bought the ZeeDee thick rubber floor mat for our Sierra. Works great for the floor. But, helping a neighbor download a stuck large Uhaul trailer down the mountain, it did a number on the sides of the bed, plus the tailgate, and it looked bad. So I broke down and had it LineX'd. No signs of that happening now and no regrets.

To the OP who asked about it, the brand name of the product is literally DualLiner.

You can find them at dualliner.com

I also have a tonneau cover on my truck which works well if you are concerned about the sun beating done on the bedliner all the time...

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
To the OP who asked about it, the brand name of the product is literally DualLiner.

You can find them at dualliner.com

I also have a tonneau cover on my truck which works well if you are concerned about the sun beating done on the bedliner all the time...

thanks

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Doesn't sound like you're gonna be throwing bricks and toolboxes in the back. I wouldn't get a spray in.

What about a mat for $100?

LINK

My suggestion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back