Do I have a beef with UPS over the amount of this charge?

How can I post this incident on social media so that it goes viral and someone higher up at UPS sees it? Kinda like when someone gets a ridiculous phone bill and they blow up on tic tok after posting about it.
Really? Over $5? It’s $5.

Skip the Starbucks today if $5 is that important, but let this one go.

How can I post this incident on social media so that it goes viral and someone higher up at UPS sees it? Kinda like when someone gets a ridiculous phone bill and they blow up on tic tok after posting about it.
Create a GoFundMe and maybe people will donate to cover the overage. When you create it, I'm willing to bet they have "Share" links that you can share to Facebook, Twitter, and so on.

LSS I bought a tool from a company one state over and gave them my UPS account number thinking the shipping charge would be cheaper. UPS charged me $22.55 on my account which is SUPPOSED to be lower than the over the counter rate of $17.42 shown here for ground:

View attachment 201220

When I check Shippo, their rate is $13.27 which is about what I was expecting. I've been back and forth emailing UPS customer service trying to get this charge adjusted but it's like talking to a brick wall.
I can't believe you posted this about $5.

UPS gave raises up to 55%. Now they are laying off 12,000 employees. Showed an 8% decline in revenue last year. Guess they gotta make it up on both ends.
Nothing will change at these shipping companies unless they undergo fundamental systemic change. At all levels. Then there is still no guaranty. Customers want their packages three ways: On time. Undamaged. Low cost. Not one or two of the three. ALL THREE. I just don't see a ton a profit here.

Sorry to hear at the same time:
giphy.gif

UPS gave raises up to 55%. Now they are laying off 12,000 employees. Showed an 8% decline in revenue last year. Guess they gotta make it up on both ends.
And in the end, they'll still make money. Raise rates, etc....

Yea, and if it's 10 shipments a month then it's about $50. What's your point? People here gripe over paying $5 for an oil filter vs. paying $6.
And to them the same. Use pirateship etc.

When you contacted UPS, what did they say?
Upon checking, records show that you currently don't have an account representative as you only have an online account with us. As for the charges, I found out that this was an inbound shipment. Please know that you will have lower rates if you process shipments on UPS.com and make use of our promotional codes.

Upon checking, records show that you currently don't have an account representative as you only have an online account with us. As for the charges, I found out that this was an inbound shipment. Please know that you will have lower rates if you process shipments on UPS.com and make use of our promotional codes.

Oh you contacted the internet. You can try a UPS store, but who knows how much backend info they can access, or a physical customer service office.

They are usually attached to a giant warehouse. The few times I've been to one it felt similar to a DMV. Slow, uncaring, and unhelpful.

By the time you've done these things, you may have burned gas money, (and time is money) in the crusade to recover what you feel entitled to.

Sorry that happened to you, maybe forego the UPS account.

You can try a UPS store
They won't be able to help. They aren't actually UPS.

They are usually attached to a giant warehouse. The few times I've been to one it felt similar to a DMV. Slow, uncaring, and unhelpful.
If you mean the customer walk-in part of a UPS hub/center where their brown trucks work from, they will direct you to the UPS 800-number. They also can't help with account specifics. They scan package labels or can create labels (at FULL retail rates) and take your credit card payment.

They won't be able to help. They aren't actually UPS.

If you mean the customer walk-in part of a UPS hub/center where their brown trucks work from, they will direct you to the UPS 800-number. They also can't help with account specifics. They scan package labels or can create labels (at FULL retail rates) and take your credit card payment.
Correct the local UPS stores are basically franchises, I know a guy that I did a few jobs for on the side and owns 2x of them. He is a foreigner but you could tell they they were loaded, I've been to his house twice and practically was a mansion and said that he built it himself. I don't know how much actual building he did himself but most likely contracted it out.

Correct the local UPS stores are basically franchises
It's not "basically", they are 100% franchised and they just license the "UPS" name and branding. It appears they are able to offer a lot of services other than they can't deal with USPS or Fedex.

It's not "basically", they are 100% franchised and they just license the "UPS" name and branding. It appears they are able to offer a lot of services other than they can't deal with USPS or Fedex.
When these franchises first started some of them were really good. Ability to accept other carrier packages (obviously just were a pick up point). Would help with tracking and lookup etc

The owners were hard working

Then UPS put an end to that must have been 10 years ago or so

One will take USPS packages. $3 each!

I’m not sure what over the counter rates are but I’ve seen people at the UPS store pay $48 for a small pkg.

I know this much. My co is 5 bil and I have a campus ship login. If the rate shows $17, same package with my personal acct shows about $15. $17 is not the final amt my co pays. I don’t pay less than my co when I ship 0-3 packages every 10 years…

Coworker told me to use pirate ship. My question is say if lost, who is the shipper, pirate ship or the person who did it…

Back