Discount cards.

Here it's common for a school to sell these as a fundraiser. It seems like many of the places on them won't honor it.

I just went to Popeyes and got a 3 piece meal expecting to get an extra 2 piece and a drink with the card. They said they won't honor it even though their store is mentioned on the back .

Thoughts on that?

IMG_20240205_114904154.jpg

IMG_20240205_114804352.jpg

Usually those cards denote certain locations, or off-peak times? (Think "Valid after 4pm") Could be counterfeit maybe?

Edit: yes, now I see the "locations" side of the card

You can get chili dogs AND have a Tastee-Freez? I've only heard of that in a song!

Anyway, I'd escalate first with Popeyes. Talk to the manager, get a name of who you talked to, then write to corporate with a copy of the card. And tell the manager you will be writing corporate.

This is why I boycotted popeyes. Their policy if they screw up is to give you a $5 voucher, not replace the cost of the meal.

My experience with these cards in the small town where I live has been excellent. The local schools sports teams sell them every year and the restaurants here always honor the discount. Try to use an expired card and you'll have to clean out the grease trap..

Not the first time I've heard of a "special offer" eliciting a blank stare or NOGO.

Groupon comes to mind as a 'program' which failed to complete communications amongst the business owners, employees and public.
Groupon's fail was bad.....because it worked well on occasion.

These coupon books, groupon etc are marketing devices for new or struggling businesses to get new faces in the door so they can grow their customer bases.

Businesses now have all the customers they can handle, and then some. Good on the sports boosters for still convincing local franchisees to go for this. Bad on the businesses reneging on the deal.

Back