Dino tcw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my outboard runs great but it doesnt idle very well with straight dino tcw3. So i will stick to using a half dino and half syn tcw3 in my outboard. Im running the old amsoil atc 100:1 stuff and i have to mix the oil and gas together even though the engine is a 99 year model. I had the boat at the lake for a week so i had plenty of tries at using different oils such as penzoil, exxon, silverstreak at a 50:1 ratio. They did ok but i didnt like the results.

You say that you are mixing, are you mixing the Amsoil with something also? I would switch to the new Saber Amsoil 100:1 if it were me as they have separated there 100:1 oils now. I also when I premix like to use the 100:1 at around 80:1, just seems to me to work better.

Have you tried to decarb the motor? I had the same problem last season, and a can of decarb spray fixed the problem. I have been running Castrol %100 Synthetic since the decarb last season, and love the results, no carbon buildup, and clean plugs. Don't think I will ever go back to dino TCW3, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back