Diesel Intake Cleaners

My Dacia Duster and it's little 1.5DCi engine is coming up rapidly to it's 30,000 'full service' in the next couple of weeks.

I'm considering using a diesel IVD cleaner on it, but wondering if anyone had any experience of them, any reccomendations and are they even worth it?

Brake cleaner works.

I've used it to purge a diesel engine of air in the fuel system. But somehow not convinced it would work on a running engine to clean IVD's. :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking of something like the below but was hoping someone would have experience of them...

My Dacia Duster and it's little 1.5DCi engine is coming up rapidly to it's 30,000 'full service' in the next couple of weeks.

I'm considering using a diesel IVD cleaner on it, but wondering if anyone had any experience of them, any reccomendations and are they even worth it?
I have a neighbor who uses LiquiMoly Proline Diesel Intake cleaner, which was previously mine, on her old Mercedes diesel.

If you do use this product do NOT loose the nozzle attachment a the end of the hose. Speaking from experience I accidently popped it off and it fell down into the charge pipe on my 335D

Last edited:
I've used it to purge a diesel engine of air in the fuel system. But somehow not convinced it would work on a running engine to clean IVD's. :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking of something like the below but was hoping someone would have experience of them...

We use the LM on my brothers X5 35d diesel every 20K, at 140K the intake, valves and swirl flaps are still reasonably clean and function properly. I think using it regularly from early on in the engines life is much better than trying to clean it up after the deposits have accumulated.

Back