Did Walmart stop selling VP 2 stroke oil?

Ran out of my last VP two stroke oil recently and stop by local Walmart in SC. No VP two stroke, only their black max at the garden section. Stopped by auto section and there are plenty of TCW3 oil but no VP. Went to the other Walmart store, same story. Pulled up on the app and no Walmart in 30 mile radius have VP in stock, only online order. Did Walmart spot carrying VP two stroke oil?

Ran out of my last VP two stroke oil recently and stop by local Walmart in SC. No VP two stroke, only their black max at the garden section. Stopped by auto section and there are plenty of TCW3 oil but no VP. Went to the other Walmart store, same story. Pulled up on the app and no Walmart in 30 mile radius have VP in stock, only online order. Did Walmart spot carrying VP two stroke oil?
why dont you ask walmart??? they should know...

Is that something they carry seasonally? 2-stroke oil for OPE that's used mostly in the summer and less so in the winter :unsure:
I did not notice that. Their garden lawn tool section has detached from auto section and moved closer to garden and I e noticed they have much more Black Max stuff. They still have plenty of black max oil and also carry Super Tech pre-mixed fuel. But VP oil is no longer there, and I haven't seen if for at least 1-2 months.

Could be a time of year thing possibly?

I saw it on Walmart clearance sometime in October, along with other OPE items like spark plugs etc. I had picked up several but skipped on 2 stroke premix oil, but did pick up non mixed 2 stroke oil also on clearance.

What's standout about it. I've been using their cheap supertech brand tcw3 oil and i've got 14 years on a Husqvarna and 16 on a stihl and both still run strong, I used to buy it in quarts but now i buy the gallon jug. The thing about tcw3 not being usable in ope is just nonsense.

What's standout about it. I've been using their cheap supertech brand tcw3 oil and i've got 14 years on a Husqvarna and 16 on a stihl and both still run strong, I used to buy it in quarts but now i buy the gallon jug. The thing about tcw3 not being usable in ope is just nonsense.
I used to use ST TCW3 long time ago and tools ran just fine. But then I start experimenting with different 2stroke oils and liked the smell of VP.
But I have been going through a lot of it lately. So I might have to do back to cheaper option.

I used to use ST TCW3 long time ago and tools ran just fine. But then I start experimenting with different 2stroke oils and liked the smell of VP.
But I have been going through a lot of it lately. So I might have to do back to cheaper option.
Had no idea a different oil could smell so good it'd be a consideration in choosing one over another, might buy a little bottle if it pops up in the summer. Now I'm genuinely curious about the smell.

I’ve started using FVP 2 cycle oil from Menards. FD rated, labeled as full synthetic and $1.29 for a 40:1 mix with one gallon of gas bottle(3.2 ounces???). It’s also red like the VP or Echo stuff, doesn’t necessarily mean any of them are the same or even made by the same company.

Good luck with it so far. I even shot a big chunk of carbon out the exhaust of my dumpster found leaf blower since I started using it. Coincidence? Probably, but I’ll stick with it as long as it’s conveniently available.

My Walmart, like someone else said, moves out the lawn and garden supplies for Christmas decorations. I did buy a bottle today at Tractor Supply.

Back