Dexos 2 discontinued in 2025

Makes sense. The old ratings were confusing. Dexos 2 has to be better than Dexos 1 right?
This thread is not comparing 2 to 1. Bob. But it does make-for a new discussion on a new thread, every time licenses and certs change.

BTW..... I always found it very difficult to find a low Calcium Dexos 2. I want low Calcium with GDI / TGDI engines. The more Calcium - the more Carbon..

So sign my HyunKia's up for a vote on Dexos 1. I do Severe Service OCIs, so I know my oil won;t wear out in 3k service.
Dexos 1 - 1
Dexos 2 - 0

This thread is not comparing 2 to 1. Bob. But it does make-for a new discussion on a new thread, every time licenses and certs change.

BTW..... I always found it very difficult to find a low Calcium Dexos 2. I want low Calcium with GDI / TGDI engines. The more Calcium - the more Carbon..

So sign my HyunKia's up for a vote on Dexos 1. I do Severe Service OCIs, so I know my oil won;t wear out in 3k service.
Dexos 1 - 1
Dexos 2 - 0
Never said it was. I said it was confusing because Dexos 2 was for Diesels. Whereas it would be easy to confuse that if you had been using Dexos 1 that you could use Dexos 2 instead.

Back