Detailing spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wdn
How about Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry. It works on wet or dry and has carnauba wax in it.

Yeah, this stuff is great. Get a good shine for about 2 weeks, and easy as all get out to use. It's in my garage all the time.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by wdn
How about Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry. It works on wet or dry and has carnauba wax in it.

Plus it's fast and easy to use, because you have to dry your car anyway. Turtle Wax has a similar product. I have never seen any improvement in using an after dry detailer, over any of the Wax-As-U-Dry products. They just take more time, and make more work.

Well, a spray wax is not a quick detailer.

A quick detailer provides more lubrication for cleaning a dusty or mildly dirty car. They may provide some protection, but cleaning and shine enhancement are their primary purpose. Wiping down a car after driving it to a show to remove the mild road film, for example. I use them somewhat frequently during pollen season here in NC.

I agree. i have mother's instant detailer and it's basically water with probably a teaspoon of their actual spray wax. Like you said, it's just lubrication to use every couple of days to your "recently" washed/waxed car to remove any dust or fingerprints etc. I don't ever use that for a detail. I still have basically a full bottle since it came with the kit i bought, 2 years ago.

For spray waxes, i use turtle wax ice. It actually is reviewed very high and even people who do their DIY "tests", favor turtle wax ice almost all the time.

Besides the terrible odd smell, i get long last shine for almost a month. But i try to detail my cars every 2-3 weeks anyway. Full detail twice a year.

Originally Posted by 007
Looking for something to use before a car show or to clean bugs off later.

This stuff is awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Spirits-Cleaner-Polish-Aerosol/dp/B007KPX7HQ/ref=asc_df_B007KPX7HQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312105316935&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=566430759647824740&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015837&hvtargid=aud-800703102928:pla-633832161557&psc=1

Lucas Slick Mist is pretty good, can be applied in sunlight.
thumbsup2.gif

900-696_A_V1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back