Destroyer Grey Charger 392 getting Costco Gas this morning

Oh, and those wheels are Satin Black. They didn't look totally blacked out.

Some people need it for a business expenses.

Some just want the attendant to do as much work as possible.

Some just simply want you to spend as much time on them as you can possibly can. (Need for attention? Miserable person?)

It varies by individual.
The people I see don’t look like they have a business expense. Just too much free time. I guess you never know.

The people I see don’t look like they have a business expense. Just too much free time. I guess you never know.
Yep! Just like the New York Lotto.

I tried to keep track of expenses with receipts. Now i just kind of do it all in my head.

Now just wait for when it rains.. 🤔

Those people waiting for the receipt 😡. What are they going to do with it? We are past the need for a paper receipt
i use them to keep track of the mileage traveled at various refueling locations. Its unfortunate you find it irritating To have to wait an additional 30 seconds to fuel your vehicle. In consideration of your comment, I will ensure that when I see an impatient person such as yourself waiting to fuel, not only will I wait for a receipt, I will open my hood, check every fluid in the vehicle, and then stand there staring aimlessly into the engine bay. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Those people waiting for the receipt 😡. What are they going to do with it? We are past the need for a paper receipt
I’ll tell you what, have you ever pumped bad gas before? Bad gas as in the tanker driver mixed up the Regular 87 and diesel tanks? I have. The convenience store demanded the receipt. I didn’t have one. They accepted my credit card statement only because they had already confirmed a mixup in the underground tanks had happened. So yeah, receipt might just save your butt.

Can’t pump your own petrol? How come? I’ve never heard of this before.😐

Jersey girls don't pump gas. And I suppose Oregon girls, too. My wife has never parallel parked or pumped gas in her life. It's never came up as something she needed to do. If they ever changed the law and forced us to pump our own gas it would be chaos for months while people learned how to do it.

It comes up every now and then to change the law to allow drivers to pump their own gas in NJ and it gets defeated by like 80% want to keep things the way they are.

My daughter lives in PA but always gets gas in NJ. It's significantly less expensive in NJ and you don't have to pump it yourself. Win-win.

I’ll tell you what, have you ever pumped bad gas before? Bad gas as in the tanker driver mixed up the Regular 87 and diesel tanks? I have. The convenience store demanded the receipt. I didn’t have one. They accepted my credit card statement only because they had already confirmed a mixup in the underground tanks had happened. So yeah, receipt might just save your butt.

I just take the receipt and then throw it away. Don't even look at it. Since the pandemic people, including me, are getting less receipts. Probably won't go back to getting them when things go back to normal. Getting a receipt was a habit to ensure the gas attendant was not scamming me. Need to ensure the receipt matched the price on the pump. The newer pumps makes scamming less common.

Jersey girls don't pump gas. And I suppose Oregon girls, too. My wife has never parallel parked or pumped gas in her life. It's never came up as something she needed to do. If they ever changed the law and forced us to pump our own gas it would be chaos for months while people learned how to do it.

It comes up every now and then to change the law to allow drivers to pump their own gas in NJ and it gets defeated by like 80% want to keep things the way they are.

My daughter lives in PA but always gets gas in NJ. It's significantly less expensive in NJ and you don't have to pump it yourself. Win-win.
Is it seriously a NJ law that you can't pump your own gas? I was thinking everyone was joking.

Never had it happen or knew it was possible with all the inspections and permits needed to dispense gasoline. I won’t be wasting the paper.

Is it seriously a NJ law that you can't pump your own gas? I was thinking everyone was joking.
Seriously. But I think the law only applies to gas gas and you can pump diesel yourself in NJ.

I've also heard of NJ people going to gas stations out of state and pulling next to the pump and waiting for someone to show up to pump the gas until realizing no one is coming and they're not in NJ anymore.

Some people really like that shade of gray - but when I got one of these as an Enterprise rental a couple of years back, it always looked to me like it was in primer, waiting on a decision for the final color.. ;-)
and a discontinued color if iirc... replaced with a lighter grey called "smoke show" supposed to look like tire smoke.

smoke show:
2.jpg

Destroyer Gray:
2.jpg

Seriously. But I think the law only applies to gas gas and you can pump diesel yourself in NJ.

I've also heard of NJ people going to gas stations out of state and pulling next to the pump and waiting for someone to show up to pump the gas until realizing no one is coming and they're not in NJ anymore.

I've done exactly the opposite. Stopped in NJ for gas, hopped out and tried to pump it myself only to be yelled at. ***... Ok then, noted, don't get gas in NJ so someone can drip it down the side of my car.

I've done exactly the opposite. Stopped in NJ for gas, hopped out and tried to pump it myself only to be yelled at. ***... Ok then, noted, don't get gas in NJ so someone can drip it down the side of my car.
I've only heard this concern from non Jersians. Never experienced any spillage personally.

Most had no canopy's in the '60s.

Some stations are like that.

Usually, what happens is.. the manager says something like "DON'T LET ANYONE PUMP THEIR OWN GAS!" - ⛽ This is probably to cover their own butt (it is liability of whoever employs someone if they get caught breaking the law. Funny when I had to try to tell a cop he couldn't pump his own gas. We both had a good laugh) and also because, who knows, maybe they have some kind of inspection to keep the brand. But it is the LAW in NJ.

Two ways to look at this:

The poor training (and poor gas jockey) is the one that tries to argue the point with someone. This is why most folks (livery, limo drivers) used to always pull to the outside most pump with their card at the ready. They don't have time for the gas jockey stuff. They do it themself. (After all.. silly law.) This would be a poor time to try to YELL AT someone. They are basically getting their own gas, period.

The WELL trained jockey will go over, make contact with the person, ask simply, "You got this?" Get SOME kind of acknowledgement of YES (some people aren't in a good mood permanently. Helps to remember that's their problem, not yours. If you don't get said acknowledgement) and then.. you did what you can do. You can't STOP someone from getting gas. Kind of like the whole "I.D. everyone for cigarettes" thing; then a month later, "You know, you don't have to I.D. everyone for cigarettes." It is an $1100 fine on the business owner if it's a test buy.

Back