Decent air inflator

Another vote for cordless inflator in whatever battery platform you use. I currently have Ryobi and Dewalt batteries, and I chose the Ryobi inflator a few years ago ($20 is hard to beat). For bigger jobs I use the air compressor, but the small size of the Ryobi is ideal to adjust bike/car tires, basketballs, etc. And it is easy to take on camping trips, etc.

I recently got a ridgid to ryobi battery adapter for under 20$.

IM Considering the small tanked 18v ryobi compressor to run my pin nailer, but for now i use it in my dads ryobi leaf blower.

If I want to acquire a ryobi or makita or dewalt or Milwaukee 18v tool, instead of the ridgid offering if even available, i'll just get the adapter.
Wouldn't want ryobi battery to other brand tool adapter though, too tall.

I got this Campbell-Hausfeld inflator in 1989; analog gauge and red /white lights.

It's dedicated to the Camaro as an emergency inflator for the Space-Saver spare. GM provides a can of air (that GM no longer supports and no one refills them), but that has always been a one shot deal. Mess up and you have TWO flats. Takes about 20 minutes to inflate the spare to 32psi.
I like the bike pump. I think I could pump up my 5' tall tractor tire in 20 minutes with it though. I just pumped up my 195/65R15 tire from near 0 psi to 32 in about 150 pumps, so like 4 minutes. At about 30psi it takes ~8 pumps to get a psi so it takes not much time to top up a tire. I use an amazon "ATsafepro" gauge with pressure release as it seems to be quite consistent to set the final pressures.

viair makes a good 12v system.

UD
yeah they do. I have a Vlair setupo in my RV... it can fill a 235 80 16 RV tire to 100 psi in about 5 minutes... which is pretty good for a relatively compact unit. aren't cheap though. think I spent 160 bucks for it.

I just bought a VIAIR 450P, because the tires on our 5th wheel trailer take 125psi and my air compressor stops at 110psi. I'm very impressed with the VIAIR and would buy it again. The kit comes with everything you need, hoses, pressure gauge, storage tote, air chuck, etc.

its also worth saying you can look at it two ways... you can buy a cheapie inflator for each of your cars, and if it saves you from changing one tire on the side of the road call it a good investment.. or you can go whole hog and buy a more expensive unit... guess it depends on what you want.. in my garage I have this 25 gallon compressor from HD ( Husky brand) it was about 350 bucks... it's about as large I could find that would run off a 15A 110VAC outlet... originally was going to go the large 220V route for a standup compressor, but changed my mind and went with this to replace the old Craftsman Devilbis model that I actually wore out over a 25 year period.
air comp.JPG

Back