Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
And don't forget the spotters.... Lower! Lower! Lower! Lower!... Outside! Outside! Outside! Outside!..... Clear! Clear! Clear! Clear!... Where is Kimi Räikkönen when we need him?.. "Leave me alone! I know what I'm doing!"

The spotters are needed especially with the HANS/Simpson devices and the seats used.

Yeah, they can not turn their head like the old days of racing.

After Dale's death all drivers were required to use the Hans device.

Wait a minute! We have a late contender for ESBM of Stage 1....yes, it could be, IT IS!!! Ricky Stenhouse throws away one of the best cars in the race trying to block one spot for stage points. Talk about a lack of brain matter. If I was his car owner, I’d fire his fanny right then and there. He must be all backed up from DP jumping ship.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Wait a minute! We have a late contender for ESBM of Stage 1....yes, it could be, IT IS!!! Ricky Stenhouse throws away one of the best cars in the race trying to block one spot for stage points. Talk about a lack of brain matter. If I was his car owner, I’d fire his fanny right then and there. He must be all backed up from DP jumping ship.

Jack won't care, he didn't wreck a teammate or another Ford.

Tricky Ricky started all that and didn’t get wrecked? Didn’t get penalized by NASCAR? I guess they want to see him do it again.

Blaney has a fast car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver

And then there is KuBu, who wins stage 1, then misses his pit stall. Goes back to 27th for the restart.

Never miss the Daytona 500, love it, don't watch all the pre race [censored], only tune in at the start of the race.
19.gif

Keselowski and Elliot get together, and Elliot makes like a pinball, taking out cars all through the field.
Danica gets another clip to add to her lowlite reel.

Blaney looks like he's the guy to beat now.

Last edited:
This plate racing here is garbage.... Wreck fest. With any real contenders having been taken out... By dumb moves by a number of guys out there.

They need to open up those plates a bit or take down the banking in those turns. All cars being so "even" is just stupid. There has to be some real type of separation between the cars... Or else you get this junk happening.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I know she ins't popular here but she has been really good for the sport.

And the car builders. There goes their job security.

She was a great role model for young girls. Daddy I want to grow up and wreak cars just like Danica.

#3 wins the race... Turning around the 10 to do it. Hmmmm somewhere Ricky Rudd is wondering why he didn't get the black flag instead of the checkered.

I'm conflicted. Nice to see RCR win the race, but Dillon had to drive through Aric Almirola to do it. But on the last lap of the Daytona 500, you don't back off when someone throws a block on you.

But I'd bet NASCAR has officials that are making sure Almirola doesn't find his way to Victory Lane.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I would have liked to see Blaney win.

He probably would have if that caution hadn't happened with 10 to go.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
#3 wins the race... Turning around the 10 to do it. Hmmmm somewhere Ricky Rudd is wondering why he didn't get the black flag instead of the checkered.

I agree. In my opinion there appears to be something wrong with either the regulations or the way that they are enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back