Daylight Savings Time - Yes or No?

KC is in the middle to western part of the central time zone. Are you saying it's that far north that it gets dark at 4:45 in December? Because that's in-line with what happens in Alabama, which is the eastern-most part of the central time zone...
It does if it is not a bright day. We have lots of cloudy weather in Dec Jan Feb By bright I mean Un- filtered sun. This year sunset is at 4:59 pm. So by 5:30 its is dark. 6:30 would be nicer IMO YMMV

Last edited:
The post I am referring to about going to Walmart - he said he "wishes it was year-round", as IF it would be light out "Year round" so he can unload his haul from the Mart when he gets home, YEAR ROUND. This would, in fact, include December 20. I think.
I could say I wish it was Christmas year round, too, but that doesn't mean I think that's a possibility.

1710195165672.jpg

It's as if nobody has traveled outside their time zone before. 2x a year you get a 1 hour jetlag...once going east once going west...cry me a river. Couldn't care less either way but there will be a lot of belly aching when it's not light until 8am+ in the winter if you keep DSL year-round or conversely light at 4am in the summer if you adopt standard time year-round. Also DSL is nice for calls with my clients easy in Brazil and Oz...1 more hour closer! Kids tired for school? Tighten up. It takes a couple of days to acclimate...back to my first comment.

Last edited:
Traveling across multiple time zones sucks. DST is a minor inconvenience. This is my travel watch that has 31 time zones, 48 cities and UTC, 4 quick-set time zones, DST on/off for each time zone, and time zone swapping (make local time main time). You get the Casio AE1200 for between $15 and $30 online. That's a disposable resin case watch with resin "crystal." I swapped mine into an SKXMod stainless steel case with sapphire crystal and put it on a decent rubber strap. So what you see in the picture is a $125 watch. Not a great loss if it gets busted or boosted on vacation or on a business trip. Not a thief or chick magnet. 10-year battery, 100 m WR. Multiple alarms, chronograph, timer, and dodads. Can endure minor fisticuffs.

About time zones:

All time zones are based on UTC or Universal Time Coordinated. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is numerically identical with UTC but while GMT is a time zone, UTC is a time standard that defines time zones. However, on digital watches GMT is usually displayed as UTC. Confused yet?

There are 24 basic time zones (360 degrees divided 24 = 15 degrees). One basic time zone equals 15 degrees which represents 1 hour. This does not work for flat-earthers.

There are 11 offset time zones (8 with 30 minute and 3 with 45 minute increments).

There are 4 extra time zones around the international date line. This leads to the bizarre possibility that two locations are 24 hours apart. You may want to look up The Island of Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow or Diomede Islands. Also check Samoa and American Samoa.

Last edited:
Traveling across multiple time zones sucks. DST is a minor inconvenience. This is my travel watch that has 31 time zones, 48 cities and UTC, 4 quick-set time zones, DST on/off for each time zone, and time zone swapping (make local time main time). You get the Casio AE1200 for between $15 and $30 online. That's a disposable resin case watch with resin "crystal." I swapped mine into an SKXMod stainless steel case with sapphire crystal and put it on a decent rubber strap. So what you see in the picture is a $125 watch. Not a great loss if it gets busted or boosted on vacation or on a business trip. Not a thief or chick magnet. 10-year battery, 100 m WR. Multiple alarms, chronograph, timer, and dodads. Can endure minor fisticuffs.

About time zones:

All time zones are based on UTC or Universal Time Coordinated. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is numerically identical with UTC but while GMT is a time zone, UTC is a time standard that defines time zones. However, on digital watches GMT is usually displayed as UTC. Confused yet?

There are 24 basic time zones (360 degrees divided 24 = 15 degrees). One basic time zone equals 15 degrees which represents 1 hour. This does not work for flat-earthers.

There are 11 offset time zones (8 with 30 minute and 3 with 45 minute increments).

There are 4 extra time zones around the international date line. This leads to the bizarre possibility that two locations are 24 hours apart. You may want to look up The Island of Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow or Diomede Islands. Also check Samoa and American Samoa.

1000017556.jpg

Back