Dangerous times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
More people die from being MORTAL every year than all of every thing combined.

Reminds me of the joke about the Buddhist mortician who got fired: He listed all of the Causes of Death as "Birth". :^)

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Look up how many people died from heart disease and car 'accidents' today, then get back to me about dangerous times.

More people died yearly from smoking cigarettes than all those combined.

Did you even know that cigarette smoking is not an actual cause of death, but rather a cause of other diseases such as causes heart disease and cancer?

Don't split hairs, it's still the root cause.

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Without gas, oil and filter won't help
smile.gif

Actually, us oil guys are happy if we have a good supply of the stuff. Doesn't matter even if we don't have a roof over our head and our vehicles have been rendered useless by a full fledged EMT attack. We will still be happy if we are sitting in a cave, shivering but sitting next to a stash of oil and filters.

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
What is next?

Considering that we live in - by far - the most peaceful and prosperous time in human history, my guess is that humanity as a whole will continue to improve upon that condition, while panicky people will continue to freak out over the things they can successfully identify as evidence that "everything is going to you-know-where".

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The MIC (Military industrial complex ) must have an enemy so we can continue to waste trillions. Endless war is the result. Continuous war keeps the money flowing. As predicted by George Orwell.

The MIC was the big bad boogey man back when Johnson and Nixon were running a war in Southeast Asia. I gather that it is still a concern?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Russia vs. the USA...
It's all a side show created by business partners.
"Old Americans" fall the BIG BAD RUSSIAN stuff with surprising uniformity.
Unfortunately, not where it counts.

Have you ever ----
lived in Russia, or a country of the former Soviet Union?
visited one of the above?
known anyone that lived through the horror of Soviet occupied countries?
If not, go, see for yourself, experience the evil empire first hand, and then tell us it is only a sideshow.

I check all 3 boxes...
Granpa did a "tour of duty" in Siberia.
Dad had to give up all land possession just to go to highschool.
Do I win something?

[/quote]
More people die from being MORTAL every year than all of every thing combined.[/quote]

That statement is awesome, so true!
How about this....
I read a 2017 FAA report that most plane crashes are caused by a lack of altitude of the aircraft, and I believe it! Of course I believe everything the 'govment tells me.
laugh.gif

Look up how many people died from heart disease and car 'accidents' today, then get back to me about dangerous times.

More people died yearly from smoking cigarettes than all those combined.

Did you even know that cigarette smoking is not an actual cause of death, but rather a cause of other diseases such as causes heart disease and cancer?

Don't split hairs, it's still the root cause.

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm simply being more accurate. Besides, cigarette smoking is decreasing rapidly in the U.S. A linear extrapolation of the decreasing trend puts the cigarette smoking rate at near zero sometime around the year 2044. The new enemy is overprocessed foods and sedentary lifestyles.

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm simply being more accurate. Besides, cigarette smoking is decreasing rapidly in the U.S. A linear extrapolation of the decreasing trend puts the cigarette smoking rate at near zero sometime around the year 2044. The new enemy is overprocessed foods and sedentary lifestyles.

People are turning to smoking weed and "vaping" instead of cigarettes ... less data on ill effects so they think it's safer and "cooler". Fact is, cigarettes are the root cause of more deaths than any other bad habit. Remember these type of ads back when people were stupid (some still are) - LINK

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?

Serious, I'd agree.

Look how close they moved their country to all those bases...clearly provocative.

C7iWVe7V4AAVYTc.jpg

Not that I am on a Russian side...but yes it is getting crowdy...

So incidents like that should be noting uncommon.

Last edited:
I keep oil under the kitchen sink, in the kitchen closets, under the kitchen table, home sweet home. I get your point
smile.gif
LOL
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Without gas, oil and filter won't help
smile.gif

Actually, us oil guys are happy if we have a good supply of the stuff. Doesn't matter even if we don't have a roof over our head and our vehicles have been rendered useless by a full fledged EMT attack. We will still be happy if we are sitting in a cave, shivering but sitting next to a stash of oil and filters.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: tig1
More people die from being MORTAL every year than all of every thing combined.

Reminds me of the joke about the Buddhist mortician who got fired: He listed all of the Causes of Death as "Birth". :^)

Now ain't that the truth.

A few days ago an American warship was engaged in training exercises with our NATO allies.
Russian fighter jets from airbases in the Kaliningrad Oblast flew extremely close
to our naval vessel, a very dangerous maneuver.
Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?
Dangerous times we live in.
Increase your stash of oil and filters soon for the doom and gloom.
And happy Valentine's Day!

No idea if you're joking or not, but this was going on in the late seventies and am not surprised if it still goes on. No doubt we do the same.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The MIC (Military industrial complex ) must have an enemy so we can continue to waste trillions. Endless war is the result. Continuous war keeps the money flowing. As predicted by George Orwell.

The MIC was the big bad boogey man back when Johnson and Nixon were running a war in Southeast Asia. I gather that it is still a concern?

That was Eisenhower's final address. Where he warned the US citizens of an alliance between the military and arms makers.Continuous war equals continuous profits. No enemy? Invent one.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
I check all 3 boxes...
Do I win something?

No one is offering a chicken dinner, but how about a free short stack of pancakes on Feb 27?

https://www.ihop.com/en/national-pancake-day

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: pandus13
I check all 3 boxes...
Do I win something?

No one is offering a chicken dinner, but how about a free short stack of pancakes on Feb 27?

https://www.ihop.com/en/national-pancake-day

I know a one-legged waitress at IHOP.
Her name is Ilene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back