Dangerous times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
February 10 -- the US bombed a convoy of ISIS Hunters group in Syria, killed around 100 Russian soldiers.
February 14 -- a US drone bombed a T-72 tank in Syria killing the three crew members.

Dangerous times indeed.

Particularly dangerous when folks are willing to repeat absolute lies.

Got a credible source for your “killed around 100 Russian soldiers” story?

The US did bomb pro-regime forces. They did estimate casualties at about 100. Those forces were using Russian equipment.

But that is NOT the same as Russian Soldiers.

What if they were Russian mercenaries? Do you think that targeting them would be a step too far in the current climate? Or perhaps a sharp message to get out of the sandbox?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
fallout shelters of the 50's/60's.

My parents' house had one of those. We used it as our "fort" when we were kids
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
fallout shelters of the 50's/60's.

My parents' house had one of those. We used it as our "fort" when we were kids
laugh.gif

It was pretty popular to alter them so they said allout he with the double l. Which I guess would have been accurate had they ever been used as intended.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Look up how many people died from heart disease and car 'accidents' today, then get back to me about dangerous times.

I'm driving now in a heavy rain, so I'll get back to you as soon as I finish my double cheese burger, and responding to all my text messages.....

Gee...maybe I will be the one to drive all over town for .25 cent oil at the next AZ clearance with all this "doom and gloom".

The when all is well I can sell it or give it away..........

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
Look up how many people died from heart disease and car 'accidents' today, then get back to me about dangerous times.

I'm driving now in a heavy rain, so I'll get back to you as soon as I finish my double cheese burger, and responding to all my text messages.....

Cool. I hope you got extra mayonnaise on that. It works better than Armor All on interior plastics.
grin.gif

More people died yearly from smoking cigarettes than all those combined.

The cold war is in cyberspace these days. Russia likes trying to steer the direction if this country with computets, not military weapons.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

More people die from being MORTAL every year than all of every thing combined.

The MIC (Military industrial complex ) must have an enemy so we can continue to waste trillions. Endless war is the result. Continuous war keeps the money flowing. As predicted by George Orwell.

Originally Posted By: tig1
More people die from being MORTAL every year than all of every thing combined.

Grand Funk Railroad - "Born to Die"

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The MIC (Military industrial complex ) must have an enemy so we can continue to waste trillions. Endless war is the result. Continuous war keeps the money flowing. As predicted by George Orwell.

Orwell predicted nothing. He simply brought up something that was going on for centuries in a fictional book.
Look up how and who financed almost every single war in Europe going back at least a thousand years.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
We need a strong military even if though there is no war(s).

Backbone of a Cold War.

Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?

Serious, I'd agree.

Look how close they moved their country to all those bases...clearly provocative.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Did you even know that cigarette smoking is not an actual cause of death, but rather a cause of other diseases such as causes heart disease and cancer?

Anyway, in 2015, heart disease killed 633,842 people in the US ( https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm# ) . Traffic fatalities totaled 35,092 the same year ( https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/traffic-fatalities-sharply-2015 ) .

So go ahead and smoke that cigarette while eating that cheeseburger while texting and driving. I don't care, as long as you stay away from me.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Serious business, these Russians.
What is next?
Russian submarines passing through our naval patrols, our sonar nets, laying off our largest cities, listening to our rock and roll while they conduct missile drills?

Serious, I'd agree.

Look how close they moved their country to all those bases...clearly provocative.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back