Dangerous passing stunt on two lane road

I'm willing to bet a fairly high percent of these clowns fleeing the scene are repeat offenders, especially now with the moronic catch and release laws. Stricter policies and penalties across the board, and deportation of people committing crimes that are here illegally will make it a lot safer for everyone.

I'm willing to bet a fairly high percent of these clowns fleeing the scene are repeat offenders, especially now with the moronic catch and release laws. Stricter policies and penalties across the board, and deportation of people committing crimes that are here illegally will make it a lot safer for everyone.

Exactly, so why even pursue if they will be released the same or next day? Are police officers just trained dogs that obey and don't question?

Exactly, so why even pursue if they will be released the same or next day? Are police officers just trained dogs that obey and don't question?
I don't have an answer, but watching the news sickens me. I think the Police want to do their jobs, but have their hands tied.

In my jurisdiction, multiple deaths caused by a fleeing suspect would result in a $250,000 full cash bond. At a minimum.

Would you have the same outlook if the fleeing “suspect” hit and took the life of one of your loved ones?
Yes; without question.

Not unlike my position that my son or daughter might be killed in combat or training while serving in the military.
Many things in life have consequences; sometimes difficult and undesirable consequences. But necessary nonetheless.

Last edited:
Exactly, so why even pursue if they will be released the same or next day?
The question you pose implies that the alternative would be no pursuits at all?
Likely result? Anarchy.
If a criminal thinks all he has to do is flee and he'll never be chased, then that would be THE PREMIER course of action for all criminals.
And despite the implications by some, you often cannot just "catch them some other day". Because if you don't catch them to ID them, then you no idea who to seek a warrant for.
I, for one, do not advocate for a "no pursuit" mantra; that's just asking for complete and utter chaos.

I advocate for this:
- chase them (as long as the actions of the OFFICER follow SOP/protocol)
- catch them
- arrest them
- arraign them
- bond them (with bond sufficient bond to reflect the level of crime; unlike the example I showed previously)
- try them
- adjudicate them
- free them or incarcerate them, based on trial results
This is pretty much how are system works as it is now.

Are police officers just trained dogs that obey and don't question?
No; they're not trained dogs. They're trained human beings.
"Question" what, exactly? Orders from a superior? Conditions of the scene in front of them? Policy in the heat of the moment?
What's your point here? What is your "question" comment about?

I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm lost; I don't understand the "question" topic you are raising.

Most all LE agencies have policies for all major potential events (use of force; pursuits; resource use; etc). Officers get trained in those topics which are covered by policy. Generally, as long as an officer follows training/protocol, he/she is doing what "society" deems just. The logic therein being that the People elect leaders, the leaders set policy, the policy is taught to workers, and workers employ policy. That is not to imply that all people agree with all laws and policies; obviously that's not true. But most LE policies are not born in a vacuum. Pretty much any LE entity has a civilian oversight board of some sort. Further, many policies have public comment periods before adoption. To imply that law enforcement policies are somehow immune to public control is disingenuous.

So, back to my not understanding your comment about LEOs being dogs that don't question? Question what? Policy? Orders?

Last edited:
Police officers are, with a few rare exceptions, under-appreciated hard-working people who bring more and give more to their communities than virtually everyone else.

Yes; without question.

Not unlike my position that my son or daughter might be killed in combat or training while serving in the military.
Many things in life have consequences; sometimes difficult and undesirable consequences. But necessary nonetheless.
Wow. Then the rest of the law abiding population is just collateral damage…
For the past 50 years people join the military by choice. Getting killed while in the military is unfortunate but a definite reality for those that serve our country. Many thanks to them.
On the other hand the family driving down the highway that gets splattered by a punk evading law enforcement is viewed the same in your eyes…
Sad.

Wow. Then the rest of the law abiding population is just collateral damage…
For the past 50 years people join the military by choice. Getting killed while in the military is unfortunate but a definite reality for those that serve our country. Many thanks to them.
On the other hand the family driving down the highway that gets splattered by a punk evading law enforcement is viewed the same in your eyes…
Sad.

Are you okay letting criminals go free?

Despite what TV dramas would like you to think, there are other ways to catch criminals besides chasing them on public roads in a car. Car chases are incredibly dangerous to bystanders and should not be considered a suitable law enforcement method for lesser crimes.

Last edited:
In a Utopian world any chase fleeing police would end in a fatal crash, fatal only to the criminal fleeing and injuring no one else. Save tons of taxpayer money on trials and incarceration.

Are you okay letting criminals go free?
No but killing or seriously injuring innocent folks to apprehend isn’t ok. LE officers won’t shoot when they’re in a crowd so why run a suspect in a speeding car through traffic and neighborhoods? We have a mutual aide radio channel for our regional law enforcement radio broadcast. There at least 8 counties within two states with agreed upon protocols for someone on the run. It usually ends up with the dumbass crashing anyway. The agencies responding apprehend the suspect quickly. It works.

I almost had a head on collision with a trike the other night. Came up over a hill and there he was trying to pass a semi.

In the boating world, you are to veer to the right if you have a boat coming head on at you. I would think that logic applies to motor vehicles too like hey, why don’t you get out of my lane and back into yours. Nope.. he went to his left and right into the ditch however fast he was going. Stupid stupid human. He probably has a “watch for motorcycles, save a life” sticker on his car too.

Back