CVG is growing like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Southwest, Frontier, and Allegiant, Delta's long history of shafting CVG flyers is coming to an end. Amazon seems to be running a few cargo planes too. You must be a West Sider!

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
It's great to see activity over there, and competition. It beats the heck out of driving to IND or DAY to catch a cheap flight.

It's funny you say that because people from Dayton drive to CVG all the time for cheaper flights !

Started flying into CVG from California years ago and there wasn't much there. As I recall they were only using one terminal and there wasn't anything to eat near it. Haven't flown into there in a number of years, but good to hear it's growing-- means times are good. Adding more jobs is always a good thing.

Originally Posted By: CARJ
Started flying into CVG from California years ago and there wasn't much there. As I recall they were only using one terminal and there wasn't anything to eat near it. Haven't flown into there in a number of years, but good to hear it's growing-- means times are good. Adding more jobs is always a good thing.

That must have been long enough ago that you missed the glory days of the Delta hub, for which the airport built a mid-field terminal just for Delta and also had a terminal for Delta's contracted regional flights alone.
The airport was bustling in those days and since Delta used CVG mainly as a waypoint hub, DAY bustled as well with lower cost options and was quite convenient from northern Hamilton County. It was actually sometimes many hundreds of dollars cheaper to originate at DAY and connect to a flight at CVG than the same flight would have been priced from CVG, as though an RJ flying the seventy miles between the two somehow had a negative cost.
How times have changed. CVG is becoming a regional low cost Mecca while DAY is dying.

Bullwinkle, I surely am a West Sider, living in a condo on the 18th fairway at Aston Oaks until our house in Cleves is finished...allegedly 3-4 weeks from now. Not much of a fan of condo living, but being able to walk to the Oak Leaf for dinner/drinks is nice.

The last time we flew into CVG, we went right over our new subdivision and I could see the muddy spot where our home is rising now. It was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back