building a house directly under CVG's flight path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BalticBob
I don't live anywhere near a commercial airport, but I must be in the flight path of those very quiet black helicopters.........

Haha, I'd prefer the "quiet black helicopters" to the noisy medical choppers coming in and out of Mercy West Hospital at all hours. I can see the helipad lights from my back deck and hear the flights clear as a bell.

Even my dogs look up when we're outside, and watch the planes come over, if they are low enough. The whole thing fascinates me.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Be thankful that CVG while growing fast is still somewhat less busy than say LAX or DFW or a number of airports with much higher traffic.

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

For those not in the know, CVG is a baron wasteland. They just had a whole terminal completely demolished. The owners would be wise to close two of the runways and sell that land and unused ramp space to a housing developer. Sadly CLE is on the same road.

The brightest news for CVG is Amazon's cargo flights...with Christmas coming, the air is full of 747 cargo birds dropping gifts at CVG. Finally saw a couple of Kalitta's planes the other day in the air, not just Polar and Atlas.

CVG is a 'baron' wasteland? Have you been there recently? Its no O'Hare, Boston, or Atlanta, I'll give you that, and its certainly not what it used to be, but its plenty busy down there. Lots of cargo traffic and it seems to only be getting busier.

I was down there a couple weeks ago at a parts yard about a mile away and you couldnt hear yourself think, there was so much air traffic going over. Go down on any Sunday afternoon and you cant swing a dead cat over your head without scraping the bottom of a 747 on its way in or out.

Speaking of which, David if you want to see the Kalitta monsters on a regular basis, start hanging out on the other side of town. I always know when its time to turn off the tv and get ready for bed because the daily rumble is overhead. Its even better in the spring on the stormy nights, they sometimes go over unbelievably low.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: quint
Go down on any Sunday afternoon and you cant swing a dead cat over your head without scraping the bottom of a 747 on its way in or out.

LMAO!

Wasteland was an exaggeration, but there is absolutely no comparison to DFW, LAX, ATL, IAD or ORD. If DFW is the Mall of America, CVG is a gas station on a west Texas highway. I fly into CVG on just about a weekly basis. I'd say even AUS is about 3x as busy as CVG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maximus
Originally Posted By: quint
Go down on any Sunday afternoon and you cant swing a dead cat over your head without scraping the bottom of a 747 on its way in or out.

LMAO!

Its true! Sunday afternoons are awesome for spotting 747's at CVG.

We have a similar issue here when they expanded FLL. Planes flying straight down the Dania Cutoff Canal. Made the people who live on that canal real happy.

The planes literally and truly fly right over your head.

They paid depreciation, for insulated windows, HVAC upgrades, etc.

Expansion is pretty funny though. I'd never seen planes crossing an overpass until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back