Cruise Control Set at 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
The metered ramp lights may not get everyone to come to a complete stop, but they do get folks looking a little harder at the merge rather than just shutting their eyes, stepping on the gas and assuming folks already on the highway will let them in.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
The metered ramp lights may not get everyone to come to a complete stop, but they do get folks looking a little harder at the merge rather than just shutting their eyes, stepping on the gas and assuming folks already on the highway will let them in.

Your post really makes no sense at all in any context.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
I'm surprised by how many peopleI I see entering the freeway traveling slower than 55. I expect people to enter the freeway at 60 or 65 so that I don't have to hit the brakes and disengage my cruise control. 70 would be ideal.

OMG. For sure. It's dangerous. This is every Prius owner around here. Except it's usually 45 merging into an average highway speed of 75.

Originally Posted By: SevenBizzos
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
I'm surprised by how many peopleI I see entering the freeway traveling slower than 55. I expect people to enter the freeway at 60 or 65 so that I don't have to hit the brakes and disengage my cruise control. 70 would be ideal.

OMG. For sure. It's dangerous. This is every Prius owner around here. Except it's usually 45 merging into an average highway speed of 75.

My variants:
- 2 prii: one slow, one is 80 by the time is merging around the slow one and cut 3 lines to the left.
- sport cars: usually a chevy SS just humming at 55; even truck are doing 60-70....

Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
I've got one, drivers on the highway who speed up and match speed blocking driver on the exit ramp. Driver on the exit ramp speeds up, driver on the highway speeds up...driver on the exit ramp slows down to duck in...driver on the highway slows down.

This happens a LOT.....

It's why you hear other people say things like "I hate all people" and stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back