Crawfish Boil

My cousin invited me and my female friend to a crawfish boil today. They are some very nice size crawfish. I will take a pic after they are dumped onto the table.

Attachments

• 50102.jpeg
    50102.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 50100.jpeg
    50100.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 32
We had a crawfish boil at our club in Saskatoon. Good times and good eating.

One member ate 20 or 30 and left a large pile of shells.
20 or 30? I can eat that in my sleep with my face buried in the pillow. 😁
Cajuns usually average 10-15 lbs in one sitting. I have seen more at the Crawfish Festival in Breaux Bridge, La. It's the crawfish capital of the world.

NEW YORK? Seriously? :unsure:
Yeah, they're doing it correctly. I pull the meat from the tail as I squeeze and pull it with my front teeth. There are so many ways to get the meat out. But his version and mine are what most CoonAsses do.

Coonass, or Coon-ass, is a term for a person of Cajun ethnicity. Some Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves

So its alright if you are one and say it but not for other people?

Or its not PC to say it at all?
or no one cares?

So its alright if you are one and say it but not for other people?

Or its not PC to say it at all?
or no one cares?
It's more than okay to be called a CoonAss. I'm very proud of it. I am what I eat, crawfish, shrimp, gator, boudin, jambalaya, gumbo, etc. ;)
A Cajun/CoonAss is the only person that can look at a rice field and tell how much gravy it takes to cover it.

Looks like Germany needs a few Cajuns to visit them to stop a crisis:

My BIL, a big time crawfish fan and master boiler, after reading that story stated “ start the pot, I can fix that”...

Back