Craftsman X-Tract Technology™ Hex Bit Sockets

Have no need for the Mac/Craftsman since I use quality allen/hex tools. If you run generics, then you might want a set to fix your mistakes.

Irwin 53227 has never failed me fixing problems caused by diy'ers and others.

I own the Mac RBRT versions, if you folks think $70 is expensive for the Craftsman set don't bother looking at the Mac or Proto versions. I use them for motorcycle work where the bike I'm working on may have been crashed or the owner may have tried to use a SAE sized tool to work on a metric bike and destroyed the fastener. for those uses the Mac's are worth the money plus the ease or free replacements through Mac. For every day use on known good fasteners I use Koken branded ones.
AJFCJaVP8X1R-iCp1E-ByPxxA9MK9o_BjzcE--6t0JEb9TZDjV7y8Gn0iLaCxK3bfGBijdBgwGAsyahLgqRSd4rCjFvJGG29DqgJQSj_T5ClnyqotD_1lCKziVkbIdfBPfC05V6c6aTWwNHaqItez00uVpNnCA=w1354-h903-s-no

I own the Mac RBRT versions, if you folks think $70 is expensive for the Craftsman set don't bother looking at the Mac or Proto versions. I use them for motorcycle work where the bike I'm working on may have been crashed or the owner may have tried to use a SAE sized tool to work on a metric bike and destroyed the fastener. for those uses the Mac's are worth the money plus the ease or free replacements through Mac. For every day use on known good fasteners I use Koken branded ones.
The MAC RBRT's were exclusive for a long time, but they did sell the hex ones under the Proto label.

They were available for very reasonable prices online - usually thru Zoro. I recall paying well under $100 for my set.

I believe MAC's exclusivity for the RBRT tech has expired - GripEdge is now selling the product under their own label:

^ Good advice from Mr Critic but you might notice in other brands (including Proto) they stop at the 10mm size. I regally use them in sizes larger then that and that is the reason I went with the Macs.

^ Good advice from Mr Critic but you might notice in other brands (including Proto) they stop at the 10mm size. I regally use them in sizes larger then that and that is the reason I went with the Macs.
Their 1/2” dr goes up to 19mm:

Back