Counterfeit Moog Bearings

Originally Posted by VNTS
So besides Moog, what are the options that are decent other than OEM? for wheel bearings?

Most OEM bearings are made by SKF, Timken, National, [censored], Koyo, NTN, NSK, and Iljin. So any of those will be OK
smile.gif

I wanted to revive this old thread to comment that just the other day I purchased some Moog 515160 wheel bearings on eBay for around $100.40 a piece. They ended up shipping from NewEgg (who I thought focused on computers and technology?) NewEgg wasn't the seller but it turns out they do sell a plethora of auto parts as well. Strange thing is although I paid $100.40 each on eBay, NewEgg sells them for $170.62 each. I'm not sure how the seller makes money in this circumstance but that's not my issue I suppose.

Regardless, they too arrived in plain, yellow boxes that didn't say Moog anywhere, although the face of the hub is laser etched Moog just the same. A label on the exterior of the box does state that the country of origin is CHYNA!

PS - my first choice was OEM ACDelco but at RockAuto the only OEM ACDelco hubs available were for 2wd not 4x4. And their cost for Moog was significantly higher than what I paid. Which isn't necessarily surprising with RockAuto, sometimes you can find a better deal elsewhere. I also didn't see Timken listed anywhere. So Moog has to be the next best thing I'd imagine!

Back