Correct coolant for 2012 Dodge Avenger 2.4

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 20-10-16 Z-1217 Zerex Application Laminate Sheet 8-17-15_Page_2 – Ado...jpg

Some have had success; however, many of the later universal coolants are organic acid technology (OAT) coolants, which should not be mixed with your original hybrid organic additive technology (HOAT) coolant. You'd probably be OK if you get all the HOAT out, which will require pulling hoses and the engine block drain plug (easily accessed on back side of block).

1701566815237.jpg

Or, just buy the Zerex G-05 like the above chart shows.

G05 isn't readily available in my area. I was planning on flushing all of the old coolant out.
Reason for changing is due to a blown upper radiator hose.

Flush completely, and get Prestone concentrate at Walmart for $12/13. The stuff is excellent, causes no issues and lasts a very long time.

Zerex G05, Peak OET American Gold, or Peak Global Lifetime would be a good choice.

G05 isn't readily available in my area. I was planning on flushing all of the old coolant out.
Reason for changing is due to a blown upper radiator hose.

Don't you have a Napa, O'Reilly, or AAP nearby? Even if you don't, they can ship it to you :unsure:

O'Reilly G05 50/50 premix or the concentrate
Napa also carries the 50/50 premix and the concentrate
You can even get it from Amazon. 50/50 premix as well as the concentrate

AAP also carries it, but at a much higher price.

If Autozone is your only option, they have the Peak OET American Gold. If even THAT is not nearby, they ship free.
50/50 premix or the concentrate

If you really insist on using universal, Peak 10x has a $7 rebate until 12/31

Some Napas primarily cater to shops, so I could see a Napa closing on Sunday, especially if it's a franchise and not a corporate store.
Many shops here are open on Sunday. A quick search showed these and many more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203-080130.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203-080130.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231203-080224.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203-080224.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20231203-080346.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203-080346.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 4
Many shops here are open on Sunday. A quick search showed these and many more.

Pep Boys and Firestone are chains themselves. The third one that's not a chain is closed on Saturday, though it's more common to be closed on Sunday than on Saturday.

The Napa stores that are closed on Sundays mostly supply independent shops, not chains like Pep Boys and Firestone.

Pep Boys and Firestone are chains themselves. The third one that's not a chain is closed on Saturday, though it's more common to be closed on Sunday than on Saturday.

The Napa stores that are closed on Sundays mostly supply independent shops, not chains like Pep Boys and Firestone.
Actually the only option for the chain stores is Napa, orileys etc. Pep boys no longer carries any parts here. Service only

Do people forget they can buy stuff online and have it shipped to home or pick it up at store ?
BTW : Amazon and Walmart sell almost anything you need

Last edited:
Do people forget they can buy stuff online and have it shipped to home or pick it up at store ?
BTW : Amazon and Walmart sell almost anything you need
Well it was Sunday when he made his post, and maybe he needed to drive it to work on Monday?

Since he said he was flushing the whole system pretty much any AMAM will work.

Radiator hose is otw , and didn't want to order anything online. My AutoZone basically only carries universal coolants. I checked with my local Napa and they are out of G05.

Radiator hose is otw , and didn't want to order anything online. My AutoZone basically only carries universal coolants. I checked with my local Napa and they are out of G05.

Napa lets you order online and pick up in store :)

Autozone lets you order online and ship to home :D

There's also Amazon.

Back