Cooper Response (test drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a good buddy of mine needed to put tires on his 02 Saturn SL1. He surprised me today by dragging me to to get them at Sears (good current deals)

He takes great care of his car, but always gets the cheap tires. His last set didn't last him too long. So wanted a better tire.

Our choices came down to: Sumi HTR T4s, Cooper Responses, and the BFG Traction TAs. In the end, he based it on price.

So on the Coopers went on.

I have to say, these ride real well. They seen to pretty close to the TAs...good grip, car handles very nice.

Plus, they look good on the car.

I love the TAs, but has me considering the CR's this coming spring.......

Cliff notes: solid sporty tire.

I'll let everyone know how these tires hold up...

Well, this is a good test before you buy. By the time spring comes around, see if your buddy still likes the Coopers. If so, it's a no brainer. Im not a fan of Coopers' but, I do like the Traction T/A's...Several questions;

1)Do you have a similar size on your vehicle?
2)Will you be shopping at Sears or online?
3)Do you know if the Coopers are made in your size?
4)What are you running now and do you like them?
5)Is snow traction important to you? Winters Comming!

Hmm...

1)Yes, 195/70/14 (he has 185/65/14)
2) Cooper-Sears, T/As-Tirerack, or DT
3) Yes.
4) Still have the OEM Goodyear Conquests (no longer made). They are not very sporty (handling is okay), but they did hold up very well..
5) My Cav (the one that will need tires), is driven very little on snow. It's pretty much a 3 season car. I'm more concerned about rain than snow traction....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back